S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my new method for getting air to my front bags. I kept getting leaks because I couldn't tighten the fittings right because I couldn't fit a stupid wrench in there. So I cam up with this and now the airline attaches outside of the bag cup.

Attachments

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
what is that that connects the elbow to the fitting? it looks like copper.

how's it connected to the 2 fittings?

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
cab said:
what is that that connects the elbow to the fitting? it looks like copper.

how's it connected to the 2 fittings?
It's a brass pipe nipple, and just screws together like the normal airline fittings. It looks like copper because it is "red" brass. Commonly used in the plumbing trades.

Foolish blazer, no the line will not bend to go out like that. If you want ot run your line out the side of the cup, You can go to your local hardware store and get a couple street 90's. ( which is what is in the picture coming out of the bag ) they are male thread on one side, that will screw into the top of the bag, and female thread on the other, that you can screw your fittings into. That is how I do it when I run the lines out the side. For you it will be quicker, easier, and cheaper than trying to get more air line fittings.

N

·
0 Posts
I have a 90 degree ptc fitting that has the place on one end to push the line in and then the other line has a fitting on it that screws into the bag. Then I just drilled a hole in the top cup and put a grommet in it and it works fine.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That 90 fitting looks a completely different color in person. Must be the camera. I really like this way a lot more. The other way works but this way you can easily tighten the fitting instead of trying to fight with the bag cup. Though if you have PTC fittings then I'm sure it is a lot easier.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Or you could just take a plasma cutter or drill with 5/8" bit and make a hole in the top of the spring pocket behind the shock tower hole....then u can run the line straight outta the bag, and 'it will be faster'

1 - 10 of 10 Posts