1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that the pioneer 3300 can run a sub off the deck
(built in amp)
so i was thinkin of runnin one 10 or one 8 inch sub (kind unknown) off the deck
will this work good/ sound good with the fact that im not lookin for big bass just good sound?

and what would be a good sub and size?

thaxs:)

·
Registered
99 Posts
not a good idea. all head units claim they do 50x4 which is true but that is their max power, not their rms which is what you should be looking for. their rms is usually like 15x4 which is just absolutely piss poor if you wanna run a sub. and what would you power your mids and highs with then? it would be best for the overall reliability and quality of your system to just get an amp for the sub, even if its just a small amp.

if you just want a little boom then your best bet would be to get a 10 in a small sealed box. some that come to mind are
jl w3
apline type r
digital designs 2010
image dynamics idq
infinity perfect

get a nice 300 watt amp and you'll be straight. all are pretty cheap too

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
untill i get an amp

untill i get an amp could i use the deck
i thought that the deck had highs and low control but that me thinkin again..(newbie)
there is no stress on the deck is there ??

and thaxn for the help :thumbup:
ohh and you think all i would need is 250 amp

·
formally Lownoma
2,458 Posts
i wouldnt use the deck ...the deck wont handle the sub at all you will just ruin one or the other ...if the deck says its 45x4 or 50x4 or 60x4 its not really putting out that ...its just something all the manufact. put on it...but unless you plan on getting a new deck or sub i wouldnt try running it direct off the head unit

·
I GOT BLING-BLING
607 Posts
Generally, the power run off the deck is for door/dash speakers. Also whatever it says on the face it pushes 1/2, which is it's RMS, although it may push 45/50/60 peak watts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts