S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get any review on theses headers and also the Summit Racing® Cast Exhaust Manifolds SUM-G9080. They look allot alike. I also would like to get some ideas on other shorty headers that would be recommend.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
26,971 Posts
Save yourself the headache and get the Hooker cast manifolds. They fit well, and if you have them ceramic coated inside and out, they really cut down on the heat. That’s what I did.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Save yourself the headache and get the Hooker cast manifolds. They fit well, and if you have them ceramic coated inside and out, they really cut down on the heat. That’s what I did. View attachment 346649
Thats the ones I was looking at then saw the Summit and was wondering what was the difference. They look allot alike.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
26,971 Posts
They very well could be the same product. We went with the white box oil pan from Holley...only difference was the name cast on the bottom...it was considerably cheaper.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They very well could be the same product. We went with the white box oil pan from Holley...only difference was the name cast on the bottom...it was considerably cheaper.
white box? Thats my other part I was going with the H3.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
26,971 Posts
Look on the Holley site. Their pans are well above the crossmember and require no notching. Worth every penny.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
26,971 Posts
“White box” not a name branded on it.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is for a 2002 blazer xtreme so I do have a little more room. I'm also buying mounts from Harley designed for the blazer. There does look to be a slight difference between the Hooker and the Summit. The Summit look more like the other cast header Hooker offers. Maybe someone on here has used the Summit ones. I really like the cast headers.

·
Registered
98 2.2 Extended cab, 2001 V6 Extended cab Sport Suspension, 2001 V6 Extended Cab 4x4
561 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
This is for a 2002 blazer xtreme so I do have a little more room. I'm also buying mounts from Harley designed for the blazer. There does look to be a slight difference between the Hooker and the Summit. The Summit look more like the other cast header Hooker offers. Maybe someone on here has used the Summit ones. I really like the cast headers.
Summit also sells a set that in not specifically for an LS / S10 swap so be careful what you buy, make sure you get a set for the LS / S!0. I ordered a set from Holley at their Holleydays sale...they haven't shipped yet, they probably have a certain number cast at one time, good thing I wasn't in a hurry.

·
Been there Done it
9,998 Posts
That is the major point. If the manifolds, or even headers, don't specifically say it's for an S10 LS swap, they won't work. The less expensive manifolds are for things like old C/K trucks or other wide vehicles. The S10 specific ones are tighter to the block to clear the narrow 2wd S10 frame. And naturally more expensive.

Summit has 8 pair of the Holley Blackheart S10 LS manifolds in stock and will ship today. Rather than waiting for them from Holley in CA. Whenever they get more from China. I'm sure all the container ships are full of face masks at the moment.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
26,971 Posts
That is the major point. If the manifolds, or even headers, don't specifically say it's for an S10 LS swap, they won't work. The less expensive manifolds are for things like old C/K trucks or other wide vehicles. The S10 specific ones are tighter to the block to clear the narrow 2wd S10 frame. And naturally more expensive.

Summit has 8 pair of the Holley Blackheart S10 LS manifolds in stock and will ship today. Rather than waiting for them from Holley in CA. Whenever they get more from China. I'm sure all the container ships are full of face masks at the moment.
They ship from Texas....

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Agreed no argument here I was just curious if anyone had tried the blackheart and their thoughts on the money spent. Also wanted to know if anyone has tried to fit the Summit headers on their build. So they are more expensive because? There are limited applications is my thinking. Engineering is engineering.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And BTW these are not for Blazers! Try to find a LS swap product from Holley that are designed for Blazers. You will find lots of products for S10 pickups but not Blazers. I have called and talked to Holley with that question. Have not received an answer. I even sent an email to the tech department have not heard back. So if I follow your logic if it is not designed for that application then it will not fit.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
26,971 Posts
Agreed no argument here I was just curious if anyone had tried the blackheart and their thoughts on the money spent. Also wanted to know if anyone has tried to fit the Summit headers on their build. So they are more expensive because? There are limited applications is my thinking. Engineering is engineering.
I think they are worth the money. Headers usually fit. Might have to ding them up here or there, or do some carving on the UCA. As long as you don't mind crawling under it every so often to tighten the collector's up...nah....I'd go with the cast manifolds. Loose 10 lbs and your can probably make up the diff from any hp losses... 🤣

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think they are worth the money. Headers usually fit. Might have to ding them up here or there, or do some carving on the UCA. As long as you don't mind crawling under it every so often to tighten the collector's up...nah....I'd go with theist manifolds. Loose 10 lbs and your can probably make up the diff from any hp losses... 🤣
I'm with you less chance of leaks, not as hot and should hopefully fit without a dent:). I will be using a DD steering shaft. I got rid of the rag joint a few years ago but used the stock shaft now I need to replace the shaft.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I asked the same question a few months ago, s10dude said he bought the summit ones and they dump right onto the frame, they don’t fit. The hooker ones fit perfect according to him and rhot and a few others
That's what I thought I looked closer and you can see that they turn down where the Hooker stay up. Look at Rhotpursuit beautiful build that is what I'm talking about great work.
They are close to some of the others offered by Hooker. To bad there is not another option for a budget build.
Thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts