S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I spent a couple hours today hooking up my sunpro tach in my 91 S10 blazer, I spliced the power, ground, and dimmer wire into the radio wires. Well I wasnt paying attention and connected all my wire at one spot (wires were touching eachother and I forgot to seperate them with electrical tape) and I needed to run to autozone real quick to buy wire and saw my dash gauges flash off then on and it reset my trip meter, and my radio stopped working. So I get there, and look at my radio fuse and it was shot, put a new one in and the radio and tach work fine, but the dimmer switch is still ot working to dim the lights.

Sooo my question is.... is there a fuse for the dimmer switch or did I **** something up. Also is there a fuse on the back of sunpro gauges, because the light stoped working in the guage. I cant tell if that thing in the back is a fuse or a chip or something.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Small update..... I went outside, and noticed that thing on the back of the tach was a light bulb, and the bulb is still good. The power wire is getting power, the ground is grounded, the the light wire to the tach isnt getting any power when the lights are on.

Soooo.... is my dimmer wire fried??? Or please tell me there is a fuse???

This is killing me

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I looked for a fuse and didnt see one but its late at night and I cant see much, so there might be and I might be overlooking it. No wires are touching eachother now, but im just not getting any power through the dimmer when I should be. So where do I start to figure this out

Here is a link with a pic of the fuse box to see if there are fuses I should pull because im lost on this one..
http://www.autozone.com/images/cds/gif/large/0900823d8012b28d.gif

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, so I put the wire back as it was and the its still isnt getting and power through it. I actualy dont know if its truely a dimmer wire but I figured it was since the dimmer switch went out when it shorted. Its a brown and white wire and its located in the back of the headunit wiring. I have the tach working fine now, but like before no dimmer and whenever I turn off the truck it resets my mileage for my "Trips" meter on the dash.

Reason I want this fixxed so bad is because my gas gauge doesnt work, and I would always top the tank off and reset the miles knowing I get 240 miles a tank. Now it resets eerytime you restart the truck

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the reason I hooked it up to the brown/white wire is because it was only hot when the headlights were on, and had no power when the headlights turned off. As for the headlight switch, the headlights turn on when I flip the switch so I dont know how else to check it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts