S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
proud stepsider
519 Posts
hey Y2K, did you have any problems with the mounting and fit of that hood? I know you're suposed to leave a 'glass hood on for a few days before you painted it, but other than that, any special procedure?

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
loyalty said:
hey Y2K, did you have any problems with the mounting and fit of that hood? I know you're suposed to leave a 'glass hood on for a few days before you painted it, but other than that, any special procedure?
why are you suposded to leave it on for a few days before you paint it?:confused:

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
loyalty said:
the mounting was simple..the fit is great, except there is a bit more gap between the hood and the grill/headlights, but i can deal with that....

as for leaving a 'glass hood primed for a while before painting, YES, do that....the heat from the engine, will get to the 'glass, and will do bad things to the 'glass...

i actually bought this from a guy i know, the glass "exploded" in a few spots, leaving small craters here and there. those were easily ground down, and filled.

·
proud stepsider
519 Posts
did you leave the spring on the hood latch? I've heard that you don't use that for 'glass hoods. At any rate, that hood looks good on your X...almost like it was made to compliment the body cladding

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
y2k xtreme said:
the mounting was simple..the fit is great, except there is a bit more gap between the hood and the grill/headlights, but i can deal with that....

as for leaving a 'glass hood primed for a while before painting, YES, do that....the heat from the engine, will get to the 'glass, and will do bad things to the 'glass...

i actually bought this from a guy i know, the glass "exploded" in a few spots, leaving small craters here and there. those were easily ground down, and filled.
hearing about the troubles with 'glass makes me want to buy a Goodmark steel cowl induction hood rather than 'glass. costs more but less hassle. jusy my $.02

·
proud stepsider
519 Posts
i'll probably end up with a cowl induction too...i can't find too many hoods that I think will look good with the sonoma/envoy combo...

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
loyalty said:
did you leave the spring on the hood latch? I've heard that you don't use that for 'glass hoods. At any rate, that hood looks good on your X...almost like it was made to compliment the body cladding
thanks man..i love the way it blends in too....

since i bought mine from someone else, i didn't have the bracket for the spring...:( and you can use it, there is a place to mount the spring...

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
MightyMouseJ5 said:

hearing about the troubles with 'glass makes me want to buy a Goodmark steel cowl induction hood rather than 'glass. costs more but less hassle. jusy my $.02
if done properly, it's not bad at all...just gotta be paitient

1 - 15 of 15 Posts