S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my truck back from the shop and the hood wont open!! Im gonna go back tom...but ive tried everything short of pryin it open. any1 have any ideas or tips on how to get it open??thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
yeah all you have to do is give it a pretty generous love tap on the front driver side of the hood. unless there is something seriously wrong with the latch.

every pre 98 i have seen have the exact same problem. the stupid lil spring that gets pulled when you pull the hood release is always all mangled.

·
Registered
355 Posts
yeah the hood worked when you took it into the shop. You just simply take it back and they fix it since most likely they broke it that makes it thier responsibility.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya i can pull the release handle and it just comes out...theres nothing holding it back...its like something broke.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Happen to me a cople of times.
1. If you can put your hand "inside a grill" and pull cable.
2. Push on the front side hood as black97s-10 said, if it doesn't pop, try it from different sides.

If you finnally open it, secure the cable better so it doesn't move around. There is a metal tab, cable lies in (like 2" to the right of the spring) push it down so the cable doesn't move.

·
Registered
890 Posts
mine does same like every other time.. just hit it and it should work not really a big deal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts