S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
95 S-10 Ext Cab 4.3 5spd
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a dent in my hood from pushing on it to hard when i close it..it is caved in a little on one side of the mark..what is the best way to fix this?

·
Do what now?
747 Posts
this may sound really stupid, but since its a small dent you could try spending 20 dollars and just buying on of those dent repair things from target or walgreens (on of those as seen on tv) to try and fix it. My friends dad used one of those to fix dents in his car from hail damage and it worked pretty well. Other people may not agree with me on that, but its worth a try. If that doesn't work take a rubber mallot and try tapping the curve back up. If that doesn't work your only other option would be to get some bondo and fill it in.

Good Luck.

·
Low Standards Motorsports
461 Posts
you can get new hoods for cheap... an aftermarket copy of a stock hood is like 50 bucks.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
I got a friggin dent in my hood from accidently hitting the dumps on my truck w/the hood open...

it pushed the little rod up, and put a small dent in the front...oops!

·
No S-Series... Just a GTO
11,225 Posts
Take a plunger, the kind with the wooden handle and the big fat black plunger thing, and put it on top of the dent. Push it down til it suctions, and then pop it back up. THat worked for me!

·
Ol' Skool Member
395 Posts
I used the plunger method too on a dent in my door... I also used Dry ice when it was hot out side... but most likely its not very hot in the winter!! haha

good luck

·
LS ONE
2,142 Posts
Arkansasdime said:
i have a dent in my hood from pushing on it to hard when i close it..it is caved in a little on one side of the mark..what is the best way to fix this?
Sounds like the perfect excuse to buy a "nice" aftermarket cowl hood. I have a very deep 8" long scratch in the front of my hood, I have a hood "bra" covering it up, I didn't do it, I bought it that way, but I plan to buy a Goodmark second design cowl hood. The way I figure it, I would have to pay for the hood to be preped for paint, plus the paint job. If I buy a good quailty aftermarket hood, not only is it going to look a lot better than stock, but I won't have to pay for the paint prep, just the paint. But make no mistake, you get what you pay for, don't buy cheap shit, stick with Goodmark.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts