S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
illusivedreams.org
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I went on vacation. I drove to Virginia to see family. But while I was away, I had mine and my buddies goodmark cowl hoods and my mirrors painted. Total cost was $250 and he did most of the prepping too. :headbang:

So anyways, before anyone complains or bitches about the color being different, IT IS. The color I used to paint it was the silver off of my 2001 Z24 that I had laying around. I DONT care that is is slightly off, I just didnt want the black hood anymore. I wanted added protection to it. The hood and entire truck for that matter is getting redone in the spring. This is just for the winter.

Also, the hood doesnt quite fit....I tried adjusting it like 3 times and still not quite right. It sits a little low on the drivers side by the window and a little high on the passenger side at the same place. It also looks like the hood sits up at the corners a little bit by the grill. So here are the pictures. There are 6 of them, so be patient. I have a gallery to upload them too, but for some reason I dont have "options" for uploading for some reason. Oh well, so here they are.

Oh yeah, now I need a new front end. Any suggestions? I was thinking Envoy myself.

·
you're pissing me off
1,554 Posts
i had the same problem with my hood, try adjusting the latch. that fixed mine

truck is coming along nice by the way

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
looks real good, but is it a different shade than the rest of the tuck? Or is that just the pics?

·
illusivedreams.org
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, its slightly lighter in color I think....Would think the silver paint code didnt change from 1995 to 2001, but never know with GM right? It could be, fresh paint on the hood and original weather torn paint on the rest....kind of faded and what not from being 9 years old....hehe.

Yeha, I tried adjustting the latch but that didnt help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts