S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Future Submariner
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are some pics of my home made intake....sorry they suck so bad i had to finish a role of film....i will take some better ones when my gf gets her digital camera back

Attachments

·
Future Submariner
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more

another one

Attachments

·
Future Submariner
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
again

more

Attachments

·
Future Submariner
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
last one

one more

Attachments

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
does anyone know if airaid or K&N makes a kit for first generation s10's? I haven't seen one but i've been lookings, thats why i kinda wonder why people start making them themselves, that may have something to do with it. just interested

·
Future Submariner
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it it

hey its black cellular core schedule 40 pipe....its not PVC....i hade some laying around in the garage

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
I think the MAI still takes the cake for most creative....just wait til I get my film developed LOL.....I took it out of the truck so you can get the full effect....that and I switched to Volant.

My main reason for making one was the three month backorder on every intake I wanted, so I said screw it and made one......I mean, its just piping....someone in my car club eventually got a V8 and sold me his Volant for cheap!!

YAY, it looks better, just can't tell a difference

Caleb

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
overall anything is better than that stock air box......what is the
deal with that tiny lil hole they put in it?........hell, if a leaf or
anything got in clogged in it yer SOL until ya get off the road and
after an hour of trying to figure out why the damn thing isn't
running like it's supposed and realize it's just a piece of plastic
bag that is caught in that focking lil hole:bash:.......sorry.......just
memories surfacing in the brain

·
Registered
214 Posts
Nice! I like the black plastic tubing. It's real clean, almost OEM in appearence. Good job!

-Chris

·
Registered
31 Posts
got mine today

:thumbup: I finally went to a muffler/exhaust shop and had the owner fabricate me one. It turned out really well and I only paid 25 for the pipe and 20 for the filter . Not to bad 45$. It has turned out really good.

·
Future Submariner
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
got a pic?

do you have a pic goat?
im thinking about doing the same thing...i want to get a pipe bent but coat it with some ceramic exhaust header stuff or just some high temp paint.....i want to have the filter a little closer to the hole behind the headlight and make a cold air bow for it.....although i may just leave it alone for know and work on getting an e-fan

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey Druth

:bash: I will try to get some pics up as soon as possible. Currently I do not have a digital camera but hopefully I can get some pics soon. I will send them to you when I get them done.:bash:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Drilled a hole.

:thumbup: I just drilled a hole that was a little smaller than the sensor. Shoved it in the hole ha ha ha and voila. I think that is how you spell it. It looks very good almost factory. If you put the sensor close to the air filter the computer will think there is more air comin in and compensate with more fuel.
Have fun.
Goatpounder:drinkhaha

·
Registered
201 Posts
well, that was a dumb question....

what about taking the plug off of the stock piping? is it a twist off thing or did you need to cut it out?

Thanks,
Jay

·
Registered
484 Posts
Yea, I agree that what you made looks very good and could be mistaken for OEM stuff... I would like to do one myself soon - can you give the K&N (I assume that is what I see in your pics) part number for the filter itself, that you used. I got looking into a K&N book yesterday - but couldn't decide which of the cone-shaped ones I should order - It looks like 4" inlet size - is it? And does it have a mesh or capped small end? Thx for your trouble...Kevin

·
Future Submariner
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i used a apc filter

i hated to do it but i used the $25 APC filter i got it from autozone.....look in jegs or summit there is a k&n cone with a 3" fitting that is like $44

1 - 20 of 28 Posts