S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
killin em softly
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a thread a lil while back about making a full homemade intake for our 4.3's. I found one on Ebay that is similar to what I would like to do. Being that the guys price on Ebay is pretty cheap I might just buy one and try it out. It beats paying a lot more a K&n, Volant, or AEM. Here is the link. What do you guys think? If I wanted a better filter, I would definately go with a K&N. Thanks for any input.

·
proud stepsider
519 Posts
To be honest, I kinda like it, even though he's busting heads on shipping. Hell I may get one..I've got the stock airbox with the bottom cut out and a drop in K&N filter

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
k&n is not too bad of a filter..i was one this site about the better airfilter ..it was between HKS, BLITZ, APEXI, K&N....
the apexi filter won..for better Filtration and Air-Flow..if i find the site i'll post it up here..just my 2 cents :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
i just took a cold air for a 2.2 and cut it where the curve is so it will fit on my 4.3 so nbow i have a chrome cold air intake that starts at the throttle body. you would never be able to tell that it came off a 2.2 pm 4 pics

·
Medium-size Truckin
4,783 Posts
if you are talking about a box for the subs, i have a regular cab, and i just bought that mtx magnaform box, it looks really awesome in the truck, u can get it to match any color interior, i am glad i spent the little bit of extra money for it...hope i helped .
:racing:

·
Registered
9,061 Posts
i was lookin into that MTX thunderform, but wanted to explore my options as well, i have heard em before, they can hit pretty well

·
Landmine Carburetor
1,476 Posts
I got that intake, and it's great. The only problem i guess, is where that sensor, O2, or temp, I don't know, but the hole that was drilled out was almost too small to put the sensor back in. Got it after a little grinding with a file, but other than that it's great.

·
AA
627 Posts
does anyone know if u can purchase the polished tubing they use for the intakes. I'd like to make my own for my '95 2.2l but don't wanna spend the $250 for a Gen II K&N....

·
Platinum Plus
326 Posts
personally if i didnt have one id make it buy sum 3" tubing chrome and use a pipe bender and bend it so it woudlnt look like shit and weld a split at the end with double filters just to make it look better! sum guy did that on here turned out great but yea PVC pipeing? id be emabbaressed to pop my hood, go to a exhaust shop and have them ebnd it if u dont own one

·
killin em softly
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah you can buy the tubing used for intakes. Just check out a speed shop or something. I checked on some at one point in time and the shop want like $20 m/l for a straight piece bout 2 feet long and then I think $20 m/l for a slightly bent piece or a 90 bend

1 - 14 of 14 Posts