S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
None of the available choices had the features I wanted, so I made one of my own.

I know, I know, I have to clean up the rest of the engine bay. Just got the truck a week ago and it currently has no trans. I have a T56 that is making its way into it. I'll get to the engine bay soon. I am also fabbing a piece of sheetmetal to block off the hot engine air similar to the FIPK.

My list of mods to come includes: step shaver, hood, ported heads, cam, N2O, headers, 8.5" rear, Pro 5.0 shifter (a must with the T56), and 18" Boyds. But.....I have a bid in on an LS1/T56 combo. Decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is a Z28, not a ZQ8. Sorry for the misleading sig. And thanks for the compliments.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
hey HAHA I 1, is there any way you could take pics and do a part listing for the instal of the t-56? that is the 6 speed from the camaro right? i just want to know what i would need to do to get it to work, thats the tranny id like to have. thanks man, and good luck with it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
98 SS: I used a straight piece of 3.5" exhaust pipe and cut it to length. I also cut off a portion of the rubber bellows coming out of the TB cover to allow me to slip the larger pipe on. I think you can see the dirty, grimy piece of bellows that I left attached. If not, I can take a closer pic and post it. Remember, though, that I have MAF ends from an Fbody which are larger. You may need to use a 3" piece of pipe from the MAF back.

MightyMouse: No problem. I will do a nice write-up with pics and parts used and will post it on my website after I finish.

Matt M.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts