S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
full size dippin
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to make a homemade superlift wishbone 3 link for my 86 c10. the wishbone will be made from1.5 .250 wall dom, and the lowers I'm going to run the wishbone with 2 connection on the axle with poly bushings and one to a crossmember with a super pivot that can be adjusted in and out . For my lower bars,i will have stationary polys on the leaf spring hanger side and adjustable super pivots on the axle side. is that ok?? the super pivots are too wide to fit where the leaf spring was at and i dont want to redo the front mount. will i still get all the benefits of the super pivots by having them on the axle side??

·
full size dippin
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok i got the adj super pivots with the bungs for 2x2. not to sound dumb but i slide the bungs in till they are flush with the bar and weld or let some of the bung out?

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
id let a bit stick out, about 1/4". if you put them in flush, youll need to chamfer the inside edges of the tubing so you have a little groove to get the weld to penetrate.

·
Token TSX Owner
8,716 Posts
Sorry to jack the thread but didnt wanna make a new one, is SD running any specials on the bolt on 3 link? Free shipping, no tax, anything? If not can ya hook me up if I call cause I wanna order it this week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts