Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No Way this sucks

Votes: 1 12.5%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AKA: Steve_S.
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So tell me if any of you have any ideas to improve this Idea.
Basically it is a 75% or so tinted mirror cut to the right shape for each mirror. Most likley a mirror or glass shop can make and cut the glass cheep. Then LEDs are homemade from a brake light LED replacment buld taken apart and rewired. This is all glued to the current mirror with glass epoxy glue. :eek:)

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
not bad... show us some pics when you finish this thing.

by the way, what program did you use to make up that drawing of yours?

·
AKA: Steve_S.
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will post Pics of a prototype version

OK guyz, I bought a Mirror replacement kit ($10), just that flat reversible mirror you can buy at Pepboys or Track Auto and a Rear brake LED bulb ($8).

Turns out this is perfect for the LED application as this mirror is see thru tinted. I also purchased a LED bulb for a Chevy brake light. I have ripped it apart already and I’m go going to re-solder the 14 LEDs in a Arrow on a new circuit board that I made. (You will have to know a little about electronics and soldering to do this project)

I will post pics of the whole project when I finish, but so far looks like the project will only cost about 30 bucks per mirror for a LED style Turn signal Indicator plus this will look better than most on the market because they only offer 5 or 6 LEDs in the arrow, mine will have 14 LEDs per arrow.

Most likely the project would take about 3 hours of creation time, providing you have all the parts needed when you start. In about a week I will most likely have all the pics and instructions posted to my website.

(P.S. IF any one have the Schematics (Brake Light Wire diagram) for 2000+ GM S-10 Truck let me know where I can get it as I will need this info for the simple 2 wire hookup per light. (One to any grounded metal surface and the positive end to the turn signal wire, “Which is the one I don’t know yet!”)

Thanks for all your Encouragement!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts