S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called a place for a quote on an install for my alarm i bought. Keyless entry and a remote start. They wanna charge me $300 !!! That is friggin highway robbery. I would do it myself but theres sooo many damn wires n stuff, and not the most detailed instructions.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow..i wasnt expecting it to be THAT much..i already paid 400 for the alarm =/ ..that kinda sucks..also..i will be gettin my door shaved soon, would it be better to get the alarm installed then add the shaved door kit, or get it all done at once?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol..i did buy the alarm online. I went overkill and got the autoloc 50 lb shaved door kit and alarm for 300, and then got a stand alone remote start for 100. Alright..so when i go to get it installed, ask them to pre wire it for shaved door handles. if i do..lol 300 is a LOT..thats how much its gonna cost me to shave my doors, tailgate..and third brake light and that seems like a lot more work than wiring an alarm

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
ya, it can be more labor intensive but there is a lot a stake with an alarm, you can fry computers and it can play with your mind a little. By the way it can be the hole, is the cup half full or half empty thing. In other words be happy you got a good deal on the body work don't bitch about the alarm.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I paid around 700 for my compustar.... Uninstalled!!! I figured i save a few bucks and do it myself... it really aint as hard as it looks

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ill call around a lil bit more tomorrow..hopefully i can get it done a lil cheaper. I would do i myself, but damn thats a LOT of wires...lol...also..like dbzac said..i dont wanna fry a computer

·
DRIVIN A PERVERTABLE
7,017 Posts
damn, i have done that set up on several cars. i only charged $500. that was for the alarm, poppers, and install. then i had a buddy that did the shave work. not sure what he charged for his part though.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
If you do it yourself, it will be difficult, but that's a lot of experience. Although if you're not mechanically inclined, or electronically inclined, you probably shouldn't do it.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, i am pretty good at doing wiring and all that, but i just dont really wanna screw anything up. But then again, i dont really wanna pay someone 300 dollars to do something that i could probably do for free.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Eh..i just called another local shop and they told me $180..plus $50 for the bypass module for the passlock system. So $210...not as bad as the other place..i didnt even ask them about the module..so it probably woulda been like $350! or more...

·
Registered
78 Posts
I installed mine myself, it wasn't all that hard as long as you have a wiring diagram from the alarm, a multimeter, a wiring diagram for your car, and the right tools. Also when I installed mine www.the12volt.com was very very helpful, they have a lot of valuable information on there, have a very good sound and security forum and will provide you with FREE wiring diagrams by request. Good luck

·
Registered
22 Posts
thats why we get as much as we do for alarm installs because we are all [email protected]$%^@in insainly smart! but the world tells we are not and people like you bitch at us for charging so much but yet they still can not do it themselfs!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts