S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I have a Civic now
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i did the air box mod today and i about flipped when i took the old air filter out!!!!!!!! Looks like the original i'd say, 16k miles on it now, would this have had any negative affects on my engine other than not letting it get enough air??? Anyway i went ahead and bought a drop in K&N, friggin 42.99 but good old dad bought it, right on, i havent driven it yet but im going to here in a few!

Nathan

Look at this shit!!

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
GROSS!

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
Looks nasty, I've pulled them out of fords that look alot worse than that. I got a k&n drop-in just sitting around, would of gave you a deal on it, but to hassle with shipping, not even worth it.

·
GMtruckHQ
2,894 Posts
Maybe a noob question but why is the end of it clean???

·
GMtruckHQ
2,894 Posts
And which air box mod?

·
Registered
88 Posts
thats not too bad, when my friend bought his blaze from his sister, we checked the air filter in the wall mart parking lot and it looked like someone had took it out and packed it with mud then put it back in, i beat it on the ground a few times and it left a pile about 3/4 inch deep and as big as the filter on the ground. lets just say when we came out of the store and threw the new one in he hit the gas and it took of like a son of a bitch

·
Clean N' Dark
1,921 Posts
My K&N is looking like that seeing the stupis ass crown rust control guys sprayed oil into the filter by mistake and every dirt particle I was close to stuck to the filter.

·
I have a Civic now
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kevincolin said:
Maybe a noob question but why is the end of it clean??? And which air box mod?
Im thinking the end of it is clean because the airbox has such a small hole that the air never makes it to that end, the airbox mod is simply hacking the bottom of the airbox off so it can suck through more air, the airbox has a little tube in it that is only like 2.5-3in's in diameter.

I drove the blazer last, seems to have a little more get up and go, and damn it's so much louder when you get on it, love that sound, now i need a muffler, lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts