S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys,

Here it is I bought an Edelbrock 1411 750 Cfm Electric Choke for my 383 stroker motor. I cannot get rid of the mid range cruise/partial acceleration problem im having. I purchased the Tuning Kit from Edelbrock for 60 dollars and still after tring countless combinations am having the same problem or similar issues. So I tried a 600 Edelbrock 1406 and am having similar results.

So I am seriously considering a Holley Street Avenger 670. What does everyone think? Anyone else have similar problems that were solved by this switch to Holley!? Any help would be appricated! THANKS

·
Registered
360 Posts
Try setting up your edelbrock on the full vacuum port for your vacuum advance. You will have to lower your idle and take a few degrees out of the vacuum canister but it might help with off idle and part throttle acceleration. I too had an edelbrock that bogged at part throttle and off idle acceleration. I switched it to full time vacuum port and it helped quite a bit but it still did it a little. My single plane intake is to blame. I bought a Holley 670 street avenger and it doesnt bog a bit. I set it up on full vacuum as well. I didnt have to change the idle mixtures just set the idle and have been happy ever since. Goodluck with whatever you try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts