S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Been there Done it
9,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my HOOKER BLACKHEART LS SWAP EXHAUST MANIFOLDS from Summit. Got an email from Holley announcing Holley Days 2020. But Holley can't ship them until aprox. 12/28/2020. The aprox bothered me. Summit had 10 in stock to ship today at the same price. $228.56 instead of $283. 21% off with free shipping from either place.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
26,213 Posts
I just ordered my HOOKER BLACKHEART LS SWAP EXHAUST MANIFOLDS from Summit. Got an email from Holley announcing Holley Days 2020. But Holley can't ship them until aprox. 12/28/2020. The aprox bothered me. Summit had 10 in stock to ship today at the same price. $228.56 instead of $283. 21% off with free shipping from either place.
Get them ceramic coated inside and out...it works great.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
26,213 Posts
I have the cast manifolds, and the coating works great.

Reactions: Juntao_Dw

·
Registered
947 Posts
Last year I got the 20-138, 21-20 and the 22-100...everything has gone up. Thinking of getting the Holley ps reservoir (Earl's adapter?) and exhaust manifolds. Anyone see anything I'm over looking, I'd rather buy than fabricate, I've sold off lots of stuff I don't need so might as well spend it on this project.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
26,213 Posts
Dip stick and tube. Engine and frame mounts, trans crossmember. What trans are you using?

·
Registered
947 Posts
I'm using a 4L65E, have CPW mounts. Doesn't take a special dip stick or tube does it? Is that steering shaft necessary with the Holley exhaust manifolds?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
26,213 Posts
I don't know about compatibility with CPW mounts. Even with a 4L60E, Hooker mounts, and manifolds, the Hooker tube had to be clearanced at the manifold, and an Allen cap screw used to bolt it into place. There's a pic of it in my build thread.

EDIT: ...apparently I misspoke. No pic of the dip stick tube. I know there's one around here someplace.

EDIT: 2.0. Found some pics. The 1st one shows the bracket after it was worked over. You can see the notch so that it will clear the flange....barely. The 2nd pic shows that even with the notch, the factory bolt won't clear, so the Allen cap screw was used.

·
Been there Done it
9,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's the hooker/Holley dipstick and tube that had to be modified? Typical Holley fit. They got their designs 95% right. I had to drill a hole for a one bolt trans mount in their crossmember. I'd have thought they would have just punched 3 holes so you could use either 2 or 4wd 4L80E rear mount. One has 2 studs the other has one.
But NO, they want you to buy their mount. Which is one or the other with a sticker on it. For a bunch more than Rockauto gets.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts