S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a small problem with my 2nd gen it seems that it makes too much hp and torque and is putting my oil filter into the passenger side motor mount every now and then (ive got a remote for it now) but i was wondering if anyone else is having this problem ive got brand new mounts and a poly urthenae tranny mount from energy suspension but it still wants to do it

anyway anyone elese having this problem:bash: :drinkhaha :cry: :rolleyes:

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
i can honestly say that i have never heard of this. WTF? guys i want to know about this too, just curious.

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
passenger side? is this a 2.2? My 4.3 has a remote filter because of the front driveshaft. as with the 2nd gen's that are 4x4.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya its a 2.2 liter its also a 94 so maybe in 95 on up they moved things around a bit so that it didnt happen anymore, i have a remote on the thing now i was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem

:bash: :bash:

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
hey truckracer666

just wonderin is your truck dropped? and you said its a 2.2 4cyl right??

i have the same moter 2.2 4 cyl my truck is a 95' and its really lowered and one time i came around the turn to hard and the next thing i know i see white smoke comin out the rear.. so i shut it down and pull over, all the oil is drained out...lol and im like what the f' so i call my buddie and he gets 2 five quart's of oil and we pour the correct amount in the moter and and i haul @zz to jiffy lube and we get up under nieth the truck to find out there was "a hole" wich we could not believe what we saw.. so we put new oil filter in plus full synthetic!!! and drove it around the parking lot.........oh by the way this was at 10 pm hes the manager there at jiffy lube....so anyways it did it again same crap oild started to pour out.....to make along story short right behind the oil filter where it mounts is a BOLT and it was stickin to close to the filter and jabbin the filter ,so we hacked it off and now no more prob. check it out man on yours.......lol at first it was the same thing you asked. to much power!!!!

peace, steve

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
coils have been chopped and then torched them while they where still in the ttruck, the weight of the front end brought it all the way down. messured tottal drop. 9" front

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya im dropped but its only a 4/3 drop i have a feeling that because of the amount of power im creating it making the motor mounts move more than they should....im not about to hack off the bolt im thinking about getting torque straps now or maybe just some chain from home depot :drinkhaha :idea: :evilg:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
transmount is poly-urthane from energy suspension itdoesnt move...ive alos found that these dam frm filters have very thin material looks like aluminum which is causeing the problems...i switched to a different company and no more problems

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
I doubt that that 4 is making enough power to move enough to puncture the filter....just behind the filter is a stud of sorts that real close the more you drop it. If it stll moves to much forget the chain idea. Its cheap, looks cheap and you can accomplish the same thing with solid mounts. If your gonna do it do it right they say. I would check the bolt like the above post also said. Just some info. P.S> what kinda mods to that motor. I've had 400+ Small and big block chevy's that only torqued about an inch maybe inch and a half so. Let us Know what ya find

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
No way your making enough power without juice to puncture that filter. Maybe with a defective motor mount but no way with good mounts. Problem lies elsewhere man, Sorry to say. :(

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
If you say so than I geuss so. Take your original mounts, Go to a metal supply house and pick up 2 blocks of either aluminum or steel about the size of the rubber inserts in the mounts. Also get yourself some grade 6 or grade 8 bolts that will pass through the top and bottom plate of the mount and the block. remove the rubeer, its a ***** but can be done, and replace with the blocks. Drill holes to bolt the block between the plates and than bolt mounts to the frame and motor. Nicer looking and safer than a chain. What kinda mods you running to that little 4 of yours?need about 275 at the rear wheels to run mid to high 14's. 100 shot of juice may get you into the low 14's. seems a little high though. just an idea.hope it helps

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ya was it was juiced when it hit the 14's plus it had slicks and a few other tricks here and there:evilg: :uhoh: :drinkhaha

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
list your mods, have a freind with one and he wants to know what you have done..Thanks

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the basics with 100 shot, slicks and some chassis mods plus some small stuff here and ther no weight mods either :uhoh: :finger:

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Geuss the basics are to basic to list..LOL just a suggestion. hope it helps....Post a slip if ya got one.nice to see real numbers

1 - 20 of 23 Posts