S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hmmmmmmm, ok i ve been puttin around with this problem since august. SOMETIMES my passenger side will sit significantly lower than the driver side, so i did two tests. the first one i did was park in a fairly level parking lot. i got pics of both sides and each wheel well. i looked at them and it seemed to be sitting pretty level. then, becuase i was late for class, i did the test in another parking lot. i got a pic of the back sitting off. here come all the pics the first one is the sides at parking lot 1

Attachments

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i cant figure out whats making it sit so weird in the back sometimes. sometimes its worse than it looks in the second lot pics. the first time i noticed it, i measured a 1.5 inch difference between the back 2 gaps, it looked really bad. im open to suggestions...by the way, 3 inch bell tech leafs out back 2 inch djm drop coils up front, and toxic shocks all around. please heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp me.

·
'Bagged Super Sport
43 Posts
yea i was wondering the same thing, i bagged my truck recently and the whole truck sits at 25.5" ride height but the left rear is at 26", wut did i do wrong?

·
The Tool All The Pro's Use!!
303 Posts
you aren't forgetting to tell us about any dead bodies you're keeping in the bed are ya?

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
anybody have any ideas as to what could be causing this or how i could fix it?

·
Xtreme
82 Posts
i heard that belltech makes a spacer that u put under ur coil to fix that. PM sonomagirl or 98ssonnos

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i was thinking about that spacer, but i dont know if it will help raise the back end up tho. it doesnt seem like the front springs are off from each other

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok, i was looking at it again, if im on level ground or parked on a slope with the front goin down, it sits perfect. if im on any kind of an incline, ANYKIND at all, the passenger rear drops about 1-1.5 inches lower than the driver side. im running out of ideas, do you think it could be becuase i have the lowered leafs and they cant support as much weight as the stock ones???

·
303 Posts
I don't know why but right before I fell asleep last night your problem came to mind. I was reading somewhere about axel wrap and something about hop shocks. Could it be that maybe the leaf spring that's causing you problems warped from a torque overload?...I know this sounds crazy w/ a 2.2L but hey **** happens ya know.

·
303 Posts
Check to see if it's got a slight "S" shape to it...that's what it would look like from what I was reading. Other than that for the moment I'm out of ideas, but I'll keep my eyes and ears open for any other info.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts