S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SOLD
7,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have one worn bag in the front, its got a wear spot on it like its been rubbing on the control arm (bottom bellow rubbin lca) so anyways, being the inexperienced bagger that i am, i bought some cups off of ebay, they only except 2500lb stones (sorry im not up to par with the *new name, is it 25b or somethin? oh well im sure someone will let me know) anyways, i rode in a friends truck who has 26's at 4 corners, and compared to mt 25's they ride a lot better, plus i read on here that it takes half the amount of pressure to lift a 26 to the same height as a 25?? maybe thats why it rides better, well question is, i have 2 26's here at the house and im wonder if i should just go cut some more frame out up front and go with them instead. problem is like i said, the cups only accept 25's, so would it be easier drilling new stud holes in the cups or should i buy jasons cups and then sell the ones i got now...or should i just order another 2500 bag and keep them..... opinons wanted, thanks guys.

·
Soon to be bagged
128 Posts
i would buy jasons cups and throw the 224c (2600) up there and junk the 255c (2500).... but thats just my opinon

·
SOLD
7,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
those cups are pretty thick, all i have is a hand drill, no drill press at my convience, think i can drill through with maybe a titanium bit?

·
Short Bus Anonymous
7,034 Posts
Are you running shocks?

Also I see your bagged on Xtreme wheels. What size tires you running in front? How close to laying are you? Does the tire rub along side the inside lip of the fender as mine are pretty wide and it looks like they may hit. May need to do some trimming.

·
SOLD
7,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
na no shocks up front yet. i want to get everything settled and done before i do that, its my daily driver so one thing at a time, i havent got the back done yet, im still trying to figure out what im gonna do, a fab shop here in NC has a different type of air over leaf setup that costs next to nothing, if you have the the stuff to bag with, it will be cheaper to do this setup then buying brackets. many guys have it, and they've had it for lil over 2 years no probs yet.... but im trying to figure out if a 3\4 link is in my budget, and if i should go with 26s up front. if i got to buy another bag, i was thinking mind as well get some 26s for better ride qaulity.

as for the wheels, they are stock tire size on extreme rims (not sure size) and i know that the front doesnt lay out, my tires are hitting the fenderwells before i bottom out the ca's or frame. as for the rubbing of the tires, hell yea, i had the bottom lip of my fender pryed out from turning while driving to low, or taking turns to fast (body roll). im lookin to get some 17x7 or 17x7.5, so i think that will take care of that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts