S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Wants to be stroked
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
maybe im just on a sugar rush and :sheep: extremely tired :sheep:....but i've been thinkin about what to do with my truck, suspension wise, and i know eventually i want to bag it. but until then i need to satisfy my need to lower my truck. i was thinkin 5/6 from belltech and i know it would sweet, but im not sure i want to tear the hell out of my gfx. now you're prob sayin, well why not 2/3 or 3/4. i've also thought about that. but i want to be as low as possible. this is where my sugar rush and tiredness comes into play. i was thinkin....what if i removed the body kit from my truck, replaced the front bumper with either the stock s10 bumper or another one that has the same style and then drop is 5/6, i wouldn't have to worry about tearin up my gfx....would be different. but think about it. im sure there has to be someone out there whos tried somethin like this. maybe i jus need more then 4 hours of sleep and drink less soda. someone leave me some suggestions. thanks in advance. much appreciated.

-john

·
Registered
610 Posts
5/6 is rolling pretty low man, you just have t watch those damn frame nubs on in the middle, other than that go for it! but you'll probebly crack those plastic things on the front, stock or not, im on my second one because of the concrete parking stoppers at the stores...

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
IMO whats the point of buying the X if your just going rip off the gfx? i mean how low do you want it? if its going to be a daily driver....... with gfx i wouldnt go any lower then a 2/4. but if your going to rip the gfx off..... :shrug: i dont know what to tell ya

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Good idea!!! Then when u get the bags u can body drop it and be lower than all the bagged xtremes. U said u wanted to be as low as possible.

·
Resident *******
11,267 Posts
imo, unless there are really good roads where you live, a 5/6 drop is tooo much for a daily driver. i had my daily dropped 5/6, and it was cool for a while, then i busted a break line when i hit a bump. it was not fun driving 50 miles with no breaks.

·
Wants to be stroked
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea i figured id be gettin the "how come you bought an X and now you wanna lose the gfx" replies. but i totally agree. i'm not even sure if thats wat im gonna do. i know in the future i'll take the kit off because i want to bag and BD it and be as low as possible. and right now the kits cheating. so i'll probably wind up going with a 2/3 or 3/4 drop. does anyone have pix of X's with those drops on them. side views or somethin to get a good idea of the distance from the ground. thanks again for the ideas and the pictures.

-john

·
NO H-body, New Dime
2,526 Posts
why don't you spend $500 on air ride suspension and have it adjustable? Put 3" drop coils and air helper springs in the front and an air-over-leaf setup in the rear. You could even just do the front and then go with a mono-leaf in the rear with air-shocks. That way you will be low and can still drop it. PM me if you don't know what the hell I am talking about.

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
since yo have an extreme, if you install a 2" drop spindle and a 3" block in the rear... you will already be as low as a normal s10 with a 4/5 drop, but if will look more like a 5/6 because of the effects hanging down so low. you will not be able to really go much lower than that for now, because the effects will get ripped off real quick. so just buy the spindles and blocks, and for under 200 you will be as low as you can go. you wont need new shocks the factory ones are more than good enough.

·
Registered
610 Posts
i agree with 98layinframe, go with a 2/3 combo, you cant go wrong, hell if you really wanted to cheap it out you could do the drop for under $100! but whatever your decision, you get what you pay for...i'd go belltech or even look on the forum for guys sellin their old stuff bc they are going to bags...

·
Wants to be stroked
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea ive decided on the belltech 2/3. thanks for the suggestions. anyone know of someone specific i should go thru when orderin it. i want to have it by the spring so i can put it on, so id like to have it all worked out. thanks in advance, much appreciated.

-john

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
you can order the parts form summit racing. you wouldnt need to order an entire drop kit, just order the spindles, and a 3" block kit. the spindles are 149, and the block kit is 24?? im pretty sure.. plus summit will have your order to a few days after you order.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts