S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Blazin'
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I hit a coyote on the highway going to my hometown. Broke my valence in half, bent my license plate, and broke and bent my fog light!!

Had to fix it cause it looked ugly everything just hanging there, but I went overboard hehe. Started by scuffing down the blazer chrome grille cause it was chrome.

Then painted the grille and front bumper:
Supplies:

1st coat of promotor:

1st coat of paint:

2nd or 2rd coat not sure:

3rd coat:

·
Blazin'
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bumper scuffed up:

2nd coat still drying

Both of them done:

Grille removed:

Bumper and grille removed:

The finished product w/ grille inserts:

angle:

without grile inserts:

Dont know if to leave them and paint them silver r blk or just leave them off. What do you all think? Ill have day pics of her tomorrow all washed up too :D

·
Premium Member
16,419 Posts
looks good! clear out the blazer lights and paint the grill inserts silver. :D

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Dude...your truck is looking exactly how i was planning to make mine...My gutter guard grille inserts are black tho:jester:

·
Blazin'
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I did. blazer lights are easy to put on it uses the exsisting holes that the recessed lights bracket were on. The blazer light only takes 2 bolts. Everything bolts right up.

·
Blazin'
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im not gonna clear mine cause I dont wanna break them but ive heard different ways. Putting them in the oven for like less than 10 minutes or just even a heat gun. The envoy front end is cool but too expensive for our trucks cause you would have to get a sonoma grille and Im not sure if the radiator support on your 96 is the same as on 98.

·
Beaver-ologist
240 Posts
I have a 96 S-10. I'm pretty sure the front end light area is the same on mine as yours. I really want those blazer lights bad. Did you have to get the lights from a specific year blazer? Do they fit flush with the grill like that when you bolt them on?

·
Beaver-ologist
240 Posts
Inferno Sonoma said:
what the fock does a coyote look like?!

truck is lookin good!
LMFAO!!!! Hahahaha!! It's like a small wild dog. Like a miniature wolf. Welcome to da country :alien: !

·
Beaver-ologist
240 Posts
Heh, it's cool. I'm looking on e-bay for blazer headlights like you used in your S-10. I can't be sure that the ones that I am finding will work. Can you get me a link on ebay to some that will? Thanks.

·
Registered
726 Posts
ok first off the blazer lights DO USE 4 BOLTS not just 2
they just bolt in different places than the recessed brackets do
you need to get some of the threaded clips (like what the bumper bolts thread into on the frame horns) and some bolts that fit them and then those become your innermost bolt holes and they slide over one of the edges in the core support

nate dawg
you need an entirely different grille you cant reuse your stock recessed headlight grille you just need a grille and composite headlighst from a 95-97 4 dr blazer LS or LT

as for the clearing process I didnt do the "popular" heating idea in the stove
I ended up cutting mine open with a dremel tool and then taking out the reflector and then siliconing them back to gether
been that way for over a year and no problems with fogging or leaking or anything

I love my blazer front end its the coolest mod no one notices
I have had it on for almost 2 years and unless its another fellow S-series enthusiast no one knows its a unique thing but I love it

if I had it to do over agin this would be one of the first things I would do to my truck

to anyone with a 94-97 S10 the 3 first things you should do to your truck drop it blazer lights and wheels
these 3 things turn any 94-97 S10 into a really good looking truck even if its a base model with the black bumpers
here is a pic of mine (it has a stepside bed on it now with a soft tonneau cover and I have 98 ZQ8 wheels on it

·
Beaver-ologist
240 Posts
Crap!!! I thought it was as simple as buying blazer headlights and bolting them on!! I bet doing the blazer grill mod would be a b*tch though. It looks so similar to my grill I have now!! :bash:

·
Registered
726 Posts
no its actually very simple and straight forward
if you can do very basic wiring and you can bolt and unbolt anything then you can do this mod

after you remove your stock grille (there is like 6 7mm screws that hold it on and 4 small clips and 2 wires that hold it on)
now remove the headlights and brackest that hold them to the core support
should be straight forward only 4 bolts holds each one on
now the wireing part
determione which wire does what (turn on your headlighst and use a test light and touch each contact of the harness and see which one is the low beam
now put on high beams and do the same thing and see which one is the high beam
ok now that should tell you what 2 of the 3 wires is in that harness
so that on both sides
now you should have 1 wire left over on each side that would be the ground
you will need to splice in an additional ground wire to this because you need 2 grounds for each side because you will now have 2 bulbs in the headlight instead of just one
cut off the old plug and splice on the new wiring pigtails for the new headlights
and add the additional ground
bolt on the new headlights and brackets use the threaded clips that I mentioned in the thread above and after you have the headlights mounted (dont forget the marker light wires, they usedto attach to the corner lights on the grille now they attach to the headlighst themselves)
once the headlighst are mounted and the wires are all attached and you check everything and make sure it all works you are now ready to attach the grille which goes on exactly the way your old sealed beam reccessed headlight grille attached
now your done and enjoying a much better looking frontend

hopefully you dont have as much problem locating the headlighst and grille in your area
I loked for almost a year or more before I managed to peice to gether everything I needed
all you really need is the grille and both lights
everything else is piddly little shit that you can get from any good parts store for less than 20 bux

when you find a truck in the junk yard with the lights on it make sure you cut off the ehadlight plugs as well

·
Blazin'
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone for the coments!
and yeah it does se 4 bolts sorry I need to fix mine its only being held by 2 bolts and noticed they were a little loose but not much. Where can I get those bolts at?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts