S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a good deal on an 2002 S10 Reg Cab 5 speed about a year ago and have been using it to commute to work. I average around 27mpg and usually drive around 75mph.

I know the prior owner quite well and the truck was well maintained. It has had nothing but Mobil 1 since he bought it new and I have been using M1 High Mileage.

My S10 just turned 182,000 miles. How many miles are you guys seeing out of your 2.2s?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response but it obviously didn't answer my question. A new discussion wouldn't hurt anyone. I'm sure there are threads out there on just about every topic that could come up.

How many miles do you expect out of your S10 S10dude?

·
Registered Un-dependent
2,060 Posts
people don't like new threads on old (to them) subjects and they don't like reviving old threads either- can't win...:rotf:

regular maintenance seems to be the most important factor...some guys on here have 300K on the clock...

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
people don't like new threads on old (to them) subjects and they don't like reviving old threads either- can't win...:rotf:

regular maintenance seems to be the most important factor...some guys on here have 300K on the clock...
lmfao!!! thats what iv experienced on here as well Earl... kinda stupid since its a dam forum... no offense to s10 dude or any one else though ;-) my 96 2.2L had 260,000 on the od. and was running just fine when i sold it... "to answer your question" lol

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
my 2002 has 178,000 and running strong as well

·
Chevrolet Enthusiast
29 Posts
My 98 S10 has 183,XXX miles and still runs well. My old S10, 1999 had 246, XXX when I sold it. And it still ran well too. I personally believe things will run well if you can't care of them.. Regular maintenance etc.

·
Better post-em.
11,303 Posts

·
Life in the LOW lane!
469 Posts
Good Lord twizted. 378k!? On a 99? Where did you commute for work, Alaska? Lol still going? Sold?

I'm at 181k on mine. I'm running m1 as well. Haven't had to do any engine work at all yet. I'm going to be doing timing set soon though. (Preventative maintenance)

·
2Low2Tow
833 Posts
1995 2.2L Sonoma with 176,XXX and counting.

·
2Low2Tow
833 Posts
Good Lord twizted. 378k!? On a 99? Where did you commute for work, Alaska? Lol still going? Sold?

I'm at 181k on mine. I'm running m1 as well. Haven't had to do any engine work at all yet. I'm going to be doing timing set soon though. (Preventative maintenance)
:haha::haha::haha::rotf::02redxbla

·
Registered
312 Posts
Only original parts on it are literally motor, cab, drivers side door and frame. I like to drive. Only put a timing chain on the motor and of course plugs wires and coils.

·
Life in the LOW lane!
469 Posts
Wow... that's a crazy amount of driving. Keep it going. The 3-400 club is an elite group, especially on a 2.2

1 - 20 of 24 Posts