S-10 Forum banner

High Idle in Neutral?

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  f1shb8t 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm new to the S10 world, and I don't know much about them but that's why I bought a 98 LS regular cab 2.2 with 89K miles on it. It's got its problems, and I'm sure I'll be back to this site for answers in the future. The truck vibrates around 50 to 60 miles per hour, but will stop if I decelerate, I've heard it could be the UJoints, but that's not the issue I'm here to discuss. While trying to diagnose the vibrations, whenever I come to a hill I would put the truck in neutral to see what it would do, and the vibrations would stop but the truck would idle up as if I had my foot on the gas pedal. What could be causing this? Thanks in advanced for reading my rambling.

#4 ·
Hello everyone, I'm new to the S10 world, and I don't know much about them but that's why I bought a 98 LS regular cab 2.2 with 89K miles on it. It's got its problems, and I'm sure I'll be back to this site for answers in the future. The truck vibrates around 50 to 60 miles per hour, but will stop if I decelerate, I've heard it could be the UJoints, but that's not the issue I'm here to discuss. While trying to diagnose the vibrations, whenever I come to a hill I would put the truck in neutral to see what it would do, and the vibrations would stop but the truck would idle up as if I had my foot on the gas pedal. What could be causing this? Thanks in advanced for reading my rambling.
[/QUOT

IAC VALVE (IDLE AIR CONTROL) MAY BE STUCK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.