S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
P.O.S-Truck Customs
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered an Al's header and I am wanting to buy a Carsound/Magnaflow High Flow cat soon off of ebay, and I was wondering if I should get the 2.5" or the 2.25"? I am planning on keeping my stock cat pipe, cutting the OEM cat off and clamping the Magnaflow in its place. I was thinking that I could slip the 2.5" one over the stock pipe and clamp it, but I'm not sure if it would fit snug enough. My other option is the 2.25" with some 2.25" couplers.

Which would be 1) easier and 2) work the best?

THANKS, truckin

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
you do not need a high flow cat... your cat flows plenty well for your motor... it flows well for motors that make more horses than your motor dreams of making.

The thing about a cat is the design of it. Not what is inside of it. The shape is restricting.

If you dont have emmisions i would just cut it out.its not enough of a gain to be worth the money (unless you are just looking to replace a bad one, and are not acully looking for gains in power)

·
Registered Abuser
2,375 Posts
Cat-Co has a direct bolt-on High-Flo Cat

I would do as ss383 suggested, if you have no emissions checks.

If you just gut your cat and get a caspers o2 simulator it will be alot cheaper for you and you will find a better top end gain than a High-Flo cat

The downpipe is more restrictive than the cat..that thing is only a 2" pipe

I would suggest saving your money and going with an e-fan and/or doing the corvette servo or waiting for Al to get the downpipe going.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts