S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered Stepsider!!!!!
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed HID's on My 99 Xtreme, But they come on with the ignition, They also function with the light switch if the ignition is off. I unplugged the DRL Relay, but it still does it, When I set the E-brake they will turn off, Thats why I figure it has something to do with the DRL circuit. Any one have any ideas, I don't want to burn my truck down just yet. :D My haynes manual jsut has the wiring diagram for the 94-97 trucks(other models similar--->BS) Thank You for your help

·
xtremefour
1,805 Posts
If you hit the dome overide button 4 times that should cut out the daytime running lights. I have a 2000 X. Don't know if this is what you were looking for.

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
having an xtreme makes no difference but normally the headlights dont pop on when you turn on the car or go on battery power and the e-brake is set, they will turn on if the sensor (AHL) senses its dark out and you even turn the key to battery power and the same goes for the lights will switch on when on battery power...dunno if it helps but it may ...also im not a expert but if they just switch on even with no key in the ignition maybe you somehow wired into a constantly hot wire n they always have power to them...

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have a 92. I did a HID conversion, and the lights are backwards, as far as high beam, low beam go. I have to run high beam on for low and low beam for high. I'm hoping a new set of bulbs will fix the problem. Maybe you can try new bulbs.

·
Peanuts Performance
117 Posts
I just got a set of hids for my 2000 X and I'm having the same pproblem. The hids come on with the drls. Basically they are always on. Then, not really a problem, the low beams stay on when I turn on the high beams. Will this also happen with a 2003 Silverado?

·
Registered Stepsider!!!!!
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wired a set of relays up, they will come on with the headlight switch now, but won't turn off until I shut off the ignition. Unless its really cold out, then they work just fine with the switch. MAybe it'll burn down and I get a new truck out of it.

·
Now owns an S-10
8,102 Posts
i dont think what Extremefour said to do will work on your truck. I think the dome over ride trick only works for 2000-up dimes. I tried it in my friends 99 and it didnt work, my 2000 does it. Anyone correct me if i'm wrong.....

·
Peanuts Performance
117 Posts
I would like to keep my drls, but if the only thing to do is the override, I guess I'm stuck.

L

·
0 Posts
its due to a lack of resistance...i just keep the headlight switch on during the day...ive done this for 2 years no problems at all...

L

·
0 Posts
not that i know of...pm orangesonoma...tell him i sent ya...he may say to use a relay but im not sure if it will work...

·
Save me Jebus!!!!!!
85 Posts
samandjen1 said:
PM me I know how to fix your problem.
hi can u help me also? im having that same problem for a while now.

·
Ford Lightning Owner
5,875 Posts
limelight022 said:
hi can u help me also? im having that same problem for a while now.
Read this http://faq.auto.light.tripod.com/headlamp-harness.html

Also there is a switch on the emergency brake it controls the auto lights on . I removed the wire and grounded it. The downside e-brake light stays on and you have to turn your headlights on and off. When it gets warmer I am going to do some more research on the switch.

·
Ask me if I care
506 Posts
I've been thinking about hid'S but after reading this thread and others like it I'm about to change my mind. Does this problem happen on every s10 hid install or is it some kits and some installs?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts