S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone actually converted to real HID lighting? I was thinking about it, but I wanted to know if there are any kits that are better or worse than others. I know that I'll need a conversion for 4"x6.5"'s to H4, and I was thinking about the diamond back ones, I found a place that has them for $20 a piece. Is that good? Does anyone have pics of their lights? Thanks,

DogP

·
Accent, what accent
780 Posts
HID conversion is an expesive idea . I did the H-4 conversion w/HELLAl lamps & xenon bulbs. they are much brighter than the holegens I had . just my $.02

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah... I know that HID is expensive, but I think it would be worth it, how much did you pay for yours, and which brand/where did you get them??? Do you have any pics of them at night? Thanks,

DogP

·
Registered
214 Posts
Make sure you use a glass housing. The HIDs will melt a plastic housing.

-Chris

·
Accent, what accent
780 Posts
the lamps were HELLA(JC WHITNEY) $80 for the pair & bulbs were SYLVANIA(PEP BOYS) $28. I personaly don't think after market HID is worth it . i am very happy w/my set-up now. as for pics click "MY MODS" in sig. the lamps are nothing special , they look like standard lamps. you could put in the hyper whites but you would have to do some wiring b/c headlamp switch can't handel the current. hope this is some help.:cool:

·
My-chilled, MACH boost
694 Posts
Iv'e been putting HID's in the Envoy housings (plastic) I bought from a dealer. They cost about $600 from HIDS4less.com. The cheapest I could find.:D

·
Accent, what accent
780 Posts
DOGP

had a look at that autolight site. this conversion you want to do looks good. did you call and talk to them yet? those 6000K lights should be bright as hell.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven't called them yet... I'm still trying to figure out if it is worth the price/if I need it. I keep telling myself that I need it, but I just bought subs and a set of ground effects. I keep my eyes open on EBay too hoping to find a good deal.

DogP

1 - 8 of 8 Posts