S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this site a while back and used to just browse, but signed up to show off my console project a little. Someone one another s-10 site gave me this link for a free pic hosting site so I uploaded some pics there. Heres the link: www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=4291925177 What I'm douing is a PC/MP3 player mounted in a removable chassis that slides into an overhead console. I don't have alot of tools or skill to do fiberglass and such so its simple plywood covered with headliner material. I have already tested the player in my wife's car running off an inverter and using a casette adapter for the audio. I'm using a freeware winamp lcd plugin that allows mapping of any keyboard key to winamp functions and can drive a small LCD or vfd display off the parallal port. I had the overhead console in my truck already but mismeasured the height and had to redo the sides. The pics here are the second attempt. The back section is 4" deep to allow space for the pc chassis. The PC is an FlexAtx standard motheroard with a low proflie PCI card. Currently running 500MHZ celeron, 128M ram and 3G laptop HDD. Later on I want to add my GPS with a small lcd display for maps, then maybe add a wireless network card to get updated songs from my in house network. Let me know what you think of it so far.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I updated my pics some. Found out the site didn't upload the actual pc chassis so it didn't look like much. Oh well someone gave me the link and it was free. Anyway I now have the console in my truck and there are a couple pics, not real good pics as I got too much light in the camera.

·
True Ambition
3,527 Posts
Comming along....keep posting pics:evilg: :evilg:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts