S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have been reading the board for awhile now but just decided to say hello now that I have my blazer and a pickup truck. I bought my blazer off of my parents in 99 but have been driving it since about 96. Most of my time and money went into fixing problems with it, rather than customizing it. I finally got so fed up with it Iwent and got a 96 S-10 ext cab. This is my NEW toy. I just signed it over in my name today. I already put my rims off of the blazer on it, and transferred the CD player. A 5/6 drop is planned for the IMMEDIATE future. I am driving to Summit Racing tomorrow to get the drop kit. The first warm day I see I am going to remove the stock pinstriping. I may wait to remove the molding and emblems... I havent decided yet. All in all not a bad truck for a college student I'd say... lemme know what you think.

Here is the Blazer lookin a little rough:

Here is my new pride and joy:

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
nice truck deffinatly needs a drop like you said, the old blaz wasnt to bad either :thumbup:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The molding it going to have to wait, but its definitly on the list of things to do. First on the list is to install everything in the picture below :D (no, the chainsaw is not part of the drop kit... dunno why everyone keeps askin me that...)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice truck man...what rims are those?

I like them,but not as much as the Lexani rims I hope to get if I buy an S10 in the very near future.

So you got belltech drop spindles with new shocks and springs..that's a good start, what future plans do you have?

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Looks nice man! Can't wait to see it dropped.

Basically what Slingshot is asking is how many subs you gonna put in the back, cuz audio is all he really cares about. :D

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GREAT! I could use some audio advice. I plan on 4 10s. I have a US Amp 100HC for them but I dont know what kind of subs I want yet. I want to get everything else finished before I move onto the bass. I am doing Infinity components in the door and dash with my 4 channel amp I have in my Blazer. I don't even remember what model it is... sorry.. but I have it faced with a Pioneer DEH8000R (yeah, I know its old school but it works!). As for other mods, I obviously plan to remove the pinstriping, the chrome and black molding, the window vents, and get a hard fiberglass tonneau cover instead of the soft one. I am gonna throw on a GM rollpan and I may have a deal lined up for an extreme bumper. Maybe a Phantom grill to tie up the front end. After that I plan on some engine work... this is where I will require outside assistance more than ever. Basically my extent of motor knowledge is lefty loosy, righty tighty. (well a little more but you get the idea). Until I can get it really beefed up, I will throw an aftermarket intake, some headers, custom exhaust, and probably new ignition system. Thats everything my dad and I could do ourselves. Also a chip and a tranny cooler, but thats moron proof (I hope). Oh yeah, the rims are 17x7 KMC tramps with 245/45/17 Yokohama Avid H4's. The rims were on my 4x4 blazer, so I had to use 1.5inch adapters to get the offset right...

Now for my quick questions:
1. What subs would sound the BEST in an ext cab? I have a box planned for 4 x 10" subs... any input would be appreciated.
2. What size speakers are in the rear of a 96 ext cab, and is it benefitial to just disconnect them? I would like to replace them but have been told they might not make "decent" speakers in such an "odd" size... but the person telling me this didnt even know what the "odd" size was... ANYONE??

Thanks Guys... hope to read from you...

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool, see what kind of prices you can get me for:

Infinity Kappa 462.3CFP
Infinity Kappa 60.3CS
and a match to whatever size is in the rear.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
y'know what.. throw out some prices for 10" Infinity subs for the hell of it too if you would, please...

·
Resident *******
11,267 Posts
the speakers in the back are 4x10's. pioneer and kenwood are the only companys that i know of that make descent 4x10's.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Brown&Proud said:
the speakers in the back are 4x10's. pioneer and kenwood are the only companys that i know of that make descent 4x10's.
Um...maybe his is different, but mine doesn't have back speakers. 4x6 in the dash, 6 1/2 in the doors.

·
Twisted Inc.
414 Posts
hey they both look good! welcome!

·
Registered
2 Posts
zYgoTe said:
Looks nice man! Can't wait to see it dropped.

Basically what Slingshot is asking is how many subs you gonna put in the back, cuz audio is all he really cares about. :D
HAHA hell yea man..ok you said you want 4 10's? I have a single Clarion 10 that almost keeps up with a 12....umm so if your on a budget, I'd have to say Pioneer or Clarion...if you haven't got much of a budget I'm gonna say Eclipse 8710 D4's cause they kick hard...or DD 9310's'...I don't remember what your sub amp puts out but if it's US Amps it's probly ok.

E_mail me if you have any more questions.

[email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
slingshot, thanks for the advice on the 4x10s. You dont know how much I appreciate it. The amp I have is a US 100HC . As for budget, I am not worrying about money. I just want to find something that will sound nice and then save up for it. My only concern is that it produces a clear sound. If its loud thats just a bonus. Any suggestions?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts