S-10 Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have 2 sets of hids and when i go from high to low the bulbs have to warm up again. can i do this with the hids so my lows will stay on all time

·
Registered
97 Posts
on my '99 Slownoma... i disabled DRLs by bending the DRL relay leg 86 up which does disable DRL, then i tried the easy way of making the Hi4 headlight by grounding the solid yellow wire on the low beam to chassis and it does make it Hi4 BUT it also turns on the low beams all the time (ign on, in gear, park brake off) like the DRLs but instead of it being high beam at half pwr its the low beams on full power, so that being said it DOES give you normal operation headlights and Hi4 on high but it turns the lows on all the time. just trying to clear things up bc theres 15 ppl on here tellin 10 diff ways but nobody has told the outcome of any of those ways so...

·
Registered
124 Posts
on my '99 Slownoma... i disabled DRLs by bending the DRL relay leg 86 up which does disable DRL, then i tried the easy way of making the Hi4 headlight by grounding the solid yellow wire on the low beam to chassis and it does make it Hi4 BUT it also turns on the low beams all the time (ign on, in gear, park brake off) like the DRLs but instead of it being high beam at half pwr its the low beams on full power, so that being said it DOES give you normal operation headlights and Hi4 on high but it turns the lows on all the time. just trying to clear things up bc theres 15 ppl on here tellin 10 diff ways but nobody has told the outcome of any of those ways so...
Dammit. I am planning to do the quad beam mod after I get my HIDs. I definitely do not want the low beam HID on all the time though acting as a DRL though!

Would using the relay method shown on the previous page of this thread eliminate that? I have pin 86 bent to disable DRL and a resistor to disable the AHL.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok..Here we go. 99 ls. I would like Quadbeam, no drl, and no auto is optional. Would the relay setup above support this? Or do i need something different?
Sorry if iam dooing this wrong. I there is an existing thread with this info? Please help. (Search words) would be nice. Any help would be great.Thanks
89dime.......Is asking the same thing. I think. I dont wana do it twice.

·
Registered
124 Posts
So I thought about doing this a somewhat ghetto way. Grounding the yellow wire on the low beam to the chassis will make all 4 headlights stay on when high beams are activated, but it also will make your low beams stay on all the time.

What about wiring a switch in line with the headlights to cut power when not using them? So basically, I'd have to flip a hidden switch to allow power to my headlights, then use them as normal at night but enjoy the benefits of the "quad 4". I might try this since I don't feel like spending money on a relay that doesn't do anything that can't be done with a little wiring modification.

·
Registered
16 Posts
ok im new to this but I was interested in doing this quad 4 wiring but I have a few questions. first of all, why are guys talking about disabling drls? as far as I can tell mine are separate on my 02 blazer zr2 from my headlights and I really like how much light they put out close up. so is doing this gonna disable them? I would like to keep them on along with my lows when I turn my brights on. also if I make it so that they stay on will they stay on even if I turn them off at the switch? anybody run into any problems when wiring this up?
thanks for any help

·
Sold :'(
7,561 Posts
Anyone have the switch and wiring diagram for a ~2000 steering column multifunction switch? I'm sure there's a way to bypass the low beam cut-off in the switch, or in the wires leaving the switch, when you hit the high beams. My reason is that there is still a split second delay (depending on how fast you pull the lever) where power to the low beams is interrupted when switching to high beams. This still hot-strikes the HIDs, which isn't healthy for them. I'm betting it would be as simple as routing a wire from one pin to another, or soldering a jumper between two wires, or maybe even just grounding a singe wire. Can I accomplish the same thing by jumping/grounding something here, instead of in the steering column/switch?:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've done this how the posts have stated and apparently fired my bcm. Both high and low lights on driver side come on on low side at half power but when you switch to high nothing comes on. Thanks for all the help on this apparently dead thread.....

61 - 78 of 78 Posts