S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a kit availible to allow both low and hi beams to work when you flip the hi beams on? I live on a country road with no street lights and the hi beams just don't cut it by themselves. My car has this capability and its great!

·
4x4 v6 blazer
7,521 Posts
search quad headlight mod

·
99 Xtreme
1,941 Posts
Yup it can be done. My truck has it, and its pretty simple wiring. It was done when I bought my truck, but by looking at it, its only a 30 minute job

·
Overhead Console Expert
1,884 Posts
on the drivers side headlight...on the wires that are for the high beam bulb.
one of the wires is a solid yellow wire. tap that wire with a slightly larger gauge wire and ground it. you now will have quad beams.

this way works on 2nd gens....idk about first gens

·
99 Xtreme
1,941 Posts
Wow, didn't know it was that simple.

Mine has a relay that it goes thru

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
on the drivers side headlight...on the wires that are for the high beam bulb.
one of the wires is a solid yellow wire. tap that wire with a slightly larger gauge wire and ground it. you now will have quad beams.

this way works on 2nd gens....idk about first gens
ahhhh How would that make you have quad beams?

I used a 2 relays and a diode if i remember right, cant really remember its been a very very long time since i installed that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
raven2510, would this method work on a '97 blazer 4 wheel drive? I didn't think it would be that easy. xtrememeasures10, how would you wire up the 2 relays and the diode?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Just did this on my first gen, took 15 mins and no cost. First I took the main power feed at the high beam switch on the column. Then soldered the low beam side directly to that feed. So now the lows are always on (only when the headlights are on) and the high beams still work with the switch as normal. I did it so that my HID's don't ever cut out when the highs are activated. I wouldn't do this mod without upgrading the headlight wiring to be ran directly from the battery though. You could run the risk of burning the wires up or more this way.

·
Headknocker
1,822 Posts
ahhhh How would that make you have quad beams?

I used a 2 relays and a diode if i remember right, cant really remember its been a very very long time since i installed that.
1 Relay +

30 - Vehicle Ground
85 - High Beam (Purple Wire)
86 - Low Beam (wire color varies)
87 - Low Beam Ground (wire color varies)

Installed on either side will give you the "High 4" or Quadbeam mod.:cool:

·
99 Xtreme
1,941 Posts
I can only find 1 relay on my truck and it has quad beam....

Any idea how this was done?

·
Headknocker
1,822 Posts
look at my post directly above yours

·
99 Xtreme
1,941 Posts
I read it as 2 relays
I have one

Im assuming you mean "can be put on either side" as "installed on either side"
Instead of "installed on either side" = 1 relay per side?

·
Headknocker
1,822 Posts
I read it as 2 relays
I have one

Im assuming you mean "can be put on either side" as "installed on either side"
Instead of "installed on either side" = 1 relay per side?

You can put the single relay and harness on either side yes. 1 Relay TOTAL!
and then make the connections as said previously.

Or the better way of the diodes and two relays but my way has held up for a bout a month now with no problems

·
99 Xtreme
1,941 Posts
Ok, i was wondering if I was overlooking a relay somewhere.

My truck has had the 1 relay way of doing it for years. The guy I bought it from is a local parts store guy and knows what he's doing, but I haven't been able to catch him to make sure there wasn't a hidden relay somewhere

·
Headknocker
1,822 Posts
Ok, i was wondering if I was overlooking a relay somewhere.

My truck has had the 1 relay way of doing it for years. The guy I bought it from is a local parts store guy and knows what he's doing, but I haven't been able to catch him to make sure there wasn't a hidden relay somewhere

good to hear its been like that for years:D , I was worried about the longevity of mine.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts