S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Nasty V8 S10
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i have built a 1991 S-10 short bed reg cab S10. it took me two years to complete and probably wont ever be done, i want to keep modding it! my next project is to tub it out and put on a blower and possibly make it a 383 stroker motor. but till then.......
here is my webpage with my movies and some pics of my truck.
http://firstclass.wit.edu/~zacche7207

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
hell ya pics first rule! anywho, nice ride man, i love first gens, especially ones with 350s or 383s! welcome to the board, hope we can assist in any of your needs!:thumbup:

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
dude your truck is badass ,nice burnout too :thumbup:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Badass truck man:thumbup:

IMO: I would take the money and effort you are planning to put into the blower and go AWD. It should be a little cheaper esp. if you do the work yourself. Just my opinion for awesome 60' times.

·
Nasty V8 S10
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well AWD sounds all nice and special but i really want the overall 1/4 mile times to be quick, not just the 60 foot. i am planning on running, hopefully, low 10's when i get my blower setup complete. i also want to tub out the rear, but noone has really been anyhelp on that subject...... so thats my first question, how do i go about tubbing it out and how hard is it to do?

·
Yeah, still on the bottle
201 Posts
Sixer said:
well AWD sounds all nice and special but i really want the overall 1/4 mile times to be quick, not just the 60 foot. i am planning on running, hopefully, low 10's when i get my blower setup complete. i also want to tub out the rear, but noone has really been anyhelp on that subject...... so thats my first question, how do i go about tubbing it out and how hard is it to do?
Tubbing the rear is really not that bad but it will take some time if you do it yourself. The tubbing part, you need to first start cut your old wheel wells out of the bed and weld in new tubs, you can get those at Jegs or Summit racing. The next step would be narrowing the rear end, this is where it gets pricey. I recommend to get professional help for that. After narrowing your frame then you'll have most likely put in a 4 link to hold the new narrowed end... If you need more help on it email me: [email protected] :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts