S-10 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i came across another deal with a s10. its a 1985 1.9L 4speed 2 wheel drive. its like 99% rust tree with only a ugly dent in the tailgate. i'm going to do a v8 conversion but not at this point so at this point i want to get this 1.9L running better. or good. i have a 4.3 blazer vortec 4x4 which runs like a v8. and i also have a 2.8 which runs super smooth with good power. as for the 1.9L. i have not worked on it. it has been sitting in a barn for 6 years. i am the second owner. unmolested.. problem i have with it. turns on sometimes runs and idle and sometimes starts and turns off right away. when it dose decide to idle i give it gas and it chokes out. i have put new plugs,plug wires, new fuel filter. dropped tank cleaned it out. new gas. oil changed with new oil filter. i don't know, i can't take it for a ride cause it bucks,spits and everything else. maybe i have to take the carb off and rebuilt or clean it good. any one? thank you for the help. here are some pics.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah, thats probably the carb needing rebuilt. I would just tear it apart and clean it and see if that helps before spedning the money on a rebuild(unless its very cheap). I would also check the fuel pressure.

·
Backyard Special
1,344 Posts
damn thats nice for an '85 also I love the dog dishes ha hope you get it fixed up and running good.

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
I would clean the carb, like mentioned before..... Good luck.

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
BTW, nice find, waddya give for 'er?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks all, got her running like a new truck. all it was bad gas in the carb. now i'm in the prosses of getting a tailgate tomorrow and then start cleaning up the interior. i almost don't want to put that v8 in it cause of how good it runs. motor and truck only has 56000 on it. and as for the price. $500. again thank you to you all that helped me out.

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
Wow, nice man!!!! Good luck with her..... :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
thanks all, got her running like a new truck. all it was bad gas in the carb. now i'm in the prosses of getting a tailgate tomorrow and then start cleaning up the interior. i almost don't want to put that v8 in it cause of how good it runs. motor and truck only has 56000 on it. and as for the price. $500. again thank you to you all that helped me out.
Big B . . .You did real good on your barn S-10. Price was right and the 56 K puts the ride in virgin status. The S-10 was stored for one reason or the other. When carburators are stored with fuel in the float bowl, gas will turn into 'varish'. A good cleaning / carb rebuild kit will give great service. Make sure that the choke opens up when the temp comes up. Yeah, I hear ya on the 'almost' V-8 small block.. . .my choice of power plant was the 2.5 E code. You have a good solid project to bring back. Hang-in-there on the 1.9. . . ."Thats the name of that Tune"

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
hi all, well thanks for the words guys. as for the the oldie. i did a small face lift for now. 1). cowl hood, 2). tailgate, 3) lowered 3" in the rear. and 4). just bought a set of almost new tires for the vett rally's i have for her. pics with the rally's tomorrow if all gos well. i hope. o yea, and brightend up the dull metallic brown. or Indian bronze.

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok, after the polish i waxed it just cause i was bored, lol, but then i went to work and replaced the stock tires and wheels with the rally's i have been sittin on for like a year and a half. got a deal on these tires for $100 like new. but now after i dropped the rear prier to changing the wheels and tires i see that I'm going to have to drop it more on the rear and do something in the front. i'm trying to keep it cheap ( wife ) so I'm thinking on cutting one turn on the coil springs?????. not sure what to do at this point in the rear. and yes the trim rings and short caps on the wheels are coming.

ITS FUNNY FROM THIS WHEN I BROUGHT IT HOME...

TO THIS NOW.

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
Sorry bubba, the pix are NG....

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
ok, question. would a set of 275x70x15 look and fit better then the 235x60x15 i have on their now? on 15x8 corvette rally's.?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts