S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive done spindles and many xtreme trucks also 3 inch drop springs and i think the 3 inch drop springs are just perfect. alignment wasnt bad either after i did it. here is one example of it
www.geocities.com/lawsons00xtreme

that was 3 inch front belltech drop springs and 3 inch block in the back. that was the day after we lowered it the front came down more also

just to let you know the springs are 80 bucks from summit and ride the same or better than the stock zq8

tony

D

·
0 Posts
the only reason why i wouldn`t go with springs is because after a while of driving they start to get a lil bouncy. i know its a cheaper way of lowering but the bounciness is annoying . spindles stay in place im doing 2 "spindles and 4" blocks {cause im getting my roll pan painted soon so it will make up for the lightness}

D

·
0 Posts
not really .once i take the bumper off the rear will lift a lil bit higher and the biget block will make up for that rasied space.the truck sits 1.5 all the way around stock.

i put 2 in front thats 3.5. i put 4 in rear thats 5.5 but having the roll pan that on instead of the bumper it will sit perfect

·
minitruckin alcoholic
1,742 Posts
That's where I screwed up. I meant to level it out. When I measured, I had no gas in the tank. I still have the stock bumper too. So now my truck sags in the rear. Gives me a reason for 2" spindles and a roll pan!!

D

·
0 Posts
what drop do you presently have just a 0/1 drop??.. if you want to just level out ur truck buy a 2 in block for the rear and replace you 1 in block. or do one better leave the 1in block and put in 2 in leaf springs in th rear and have some one cut 1/2 in off of your exsisting springs to give them a full 2 ins and your have a level 2/3 drop . even not a 2/3 plus the 1.5 but just a clean 2/3

·
minitruckin alcoholic
1,742 Posts
I put a 2" block on the back. That's all. But that makes the ass end 1" lower than the front. Especially with a full tank of gas. As far as cutting springs, no way. I'll spend the cash on 2" spindles. That's all a guy needs to lower front hassle free.

·
minitruckin alcoholic
1,742 Posts
yes I still have the stock bumper on, but I can't believe that the bumper could weigh down the back by an inch. Like I said, it just gives me a reason to get spindles and a roll pan.:)

D

·
0 Posts
well believe it .. get a roll pan and remove the bumper . then look at it .. the bumper is like 50 lbs...

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,403 Posts
once you remove the bumper the rear lifts up 1/2 an inch......no lie and it is heavy as hell so don't lay under it when taking it off....or you mihgt get your melon bashed......

D

·
0 Posts
sounds liek u had have past experiance with a bumper .. hehe kicked ur ass huh??

·
Laid.
451 Posts
Bad experience???

I wasn't under my bumper when I took it off..... it just slammed to the ground as hard as it could. I still have my rear bumper, if anyone wants to buy it. I've gotta buy a new roll pan. I traded the truck in with a primered roll pan, they painted it and everything...heh, shoul've gotten the same color, then returned late at night and take it off :-D

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
ok i just put my 3 inch coils in my xtreme, and 2 inch blocks in the back, the back looks good as hell but the front higher, will the springs settle down and sit level or whaT? thanks Xtreme_21

D

·
0 Posts
THEY will settle down . the best thing i used to do was take it to a lift and raise the truck up so the springs can stretch out then set it back down do it like 2 more times and was set to go. i dont know how many peeps done this or heard of it but its what i did when i dropped trucks with coils god i hate coils

·
805 xtrememan
9 Posts
ok guys help me out

well let see i have two inch drop spindales in front and 3" blocks in rear sits ok but want to go just little lower so i am thinking adding inch block to rear then also puting a three inch drop coil in front anyone have this and you do have a pic please post.o ya and that is if it is the 4 banger because the sixes sit lower because of the engine waight diffeence.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
its a 6

D

·
0 Posts
did you change your shocks and your bump stopsin the front . also i posted on xo.com for ya also??.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts