S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
364 Lq9 in the works..
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there polk audio 4x6`s click on the picture to see a better pic of them i would like to get them but dont know if ill have enough room in my dash can ne one tell if they will or
not im leanning towards a no but prefer to get some other opinions!

http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/POLMMC460

so far my system includes 2 JL audio W08 subs, mtx 4122 amp bridged to 200watts, alpine 6.5 type R 2 way component system model # spr176a

if ne one knows if these 4x6`s will fit plz post up or if u know a way to minor modify it so i can use these plz do so as well

thnx
smacked

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just bought some Clarion SRC4694 Plates and the passenger side fits but on the driver side it don't. The mounting depth is 1 15/16" and those are 2". I think the biggest you can go is 1 3/4 inch mounting depth. I have a 1st gen. , i don't know if it matters or not.

·
364 Lq9 in the works..
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry might help if i say what year i have its a 96 dont know if it is different compared to a 1st gen s10

·
potholes SUCK!!!
173 Posts
pull the grills out and measure how much depth u have on each side. it will be different in a 1st gen. if u dont have room and are willing to take the dash out...u can modify the a/c vents so anything will fit.

·
W3RdMan
77 Posts
i have heard of people taking a heat gun to the vents and applying pressure to them so they can fit some speakers there

·
364 Lq9 in the works..
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts