S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1997 S-10 LS, 4cyl 5spd 27K.

Lets talk exhaust...suggestions/tips wanted...

Thinking of doing a flowmaster with a downpipe, right at the rear axle....

How is the flow going to sound on a 4banger? I don't want that folgers-can-rice-rocket sound, if you catch my drift....

Also, anyone have specs on what this powerplant is supposed to pack from the factory in 97? What am I looking at here?

Cheers,
Russ

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gotcha

Well, it's the first mod anyway, going to happen Saturday. $100 at my local shop to do a flowmaster with downpipe....We'll see how it turns out......

I'm excited, I might actually get 2-3 Horse out of the deal...OH BOY OH BOY....

Little at a time, right....

Cheers,
Russ

I'll get some pic going soon, glad to see a decent S10 forum around.....

·
I doubt everything.
160 Posts
Re: Gotcha

RuSsMaN said:
I'm excited, I might actually get 2-3 Horse out of the deal...OH BOY OH BOY....
2-3 Horse is a high ball gain, and also realize that the gain will come in the upper RPM and you may possibly loose alittle inthe lower RPM's (I did)

·
Med School member
179 Posts
Re: Gotcha

RuSsMaN said:
I'll get some pic going soon, glad to see a decent S10 forum around.....
there's about 4 really good forums out there. SSF finally just got the new software....watch out

anyways.......40 series with turndown is what i just put on a long with TB spacer.

LOVE them both

not ricey at all

·
Registered
23 Posts
I put a Dynomax exhaust on my truck. sounds more like a 6 than a 4, not ricey at all. also shaved all the resonators off the intake, add lotsa power in low and higher RPMS. with the help of a ractive air filter of course!

·
Registered
23 Posts
some people call it the silencer. It's a long peice that drops off the intake by the battery. You can't miss it. then The other is the sleeve in the 2200 sfi box. when you take off the intake frome the box you'll see it, It slips right out!! very easy and free mods to add horses!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts