S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrats! I think you'll be very happy with the K&N. It's a simple install... actually the hard part for me was yanking out all the original intake crap. i had to remove the fan shroud to get the silencer out... just to prepare you. Total install time should be well under an hour.
Silencer? I don't like that word, what is this? Brief details if you don't mind....

I am looking into intake options, and DIY possibilities....

Cheers,
Russ

·
Paint Needing Mofo
639 Posts
well, i don't know if it applies to a 97 2.2... but my 99 intake tube has an extra peice of plastic tube underneath on the left side of the radiator which was hose clamped to the actual intake tube. it was a biatch to get a screwdriver under there and then i couldn't get the silencer out because of various hoses in the way, thus i had to remove the fan shroud to get it out. it really wasn't all that hard, i just mentioned it because the instructions that come with the K&N intake mentioned nothing about it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gotcha...

...So more than likely, no real performance increase, but a slight, under the hood 'tone' increase?

I'll check it out on a smoke break....

Thanks for the nfo

Cheers,
Russ

·
Paint Needing Mofo
639 Posts
Hey no problem! I have heard some people removed the silencer for slight power gains... they simply took the silencer off and put like a spray paint can lid on in it's place.

·
Moving Violationz NE Member
354 Posts
I woudl go with the intake. I noticed a big difference in torgue and HP. The sound is unbelivable as well specially if you have a muffler9aftermarket)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts