S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys,

well im glad i found a place with some god information on it about these blazers :) ....to start off i have a 1993 2dr 4wd blazer with the 4.3L fuel injected engine. i bought it off my moms friend (my first car :) ) and im just wondering what kind of basic mods will give me some low end grunt. what can i do thats fairly cheap? i was told that this truck has 200hp stock but im not sure how accurate that is. i was thinking of a fairly cheap exaust (around $200) and an air intake. what if any kinds of gains would i see from these 2 upgrades?

ive been reading things about a "gutting the air box" but im not sure what it is exactly?

sorry for askin a bunch of noob questions.. :phil:

thanks,
scott

·
THE ONE THE ONLY
141 Posts
I wouldn't "gut" the air box some easy things are to go get a cone filter from advanced(i think their 25) it's not a KN but it still dose a better job then whats in their then all you need for cold air is a chunk of 3 inch pipe(proably about 9-14 inches long and 2 clamps i use the clamps from home depot in the pumbing section and for exhaust you can cut out your old one and just place in a after market and just use the stock piping(thats what i did for my first) and don't forget a simple tune up you'd be surpirzed what a couple of spark plugs and some better fluids will do

·
THE ONE THE ONLY
141 Posts
oh yeah you wants gains hummm i'd proably say about 5-15 off the filter and proably 10-15 off the exhaust(those are pretty basic numbers for that stuff could be more could be less)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

ok with the pipe, im assuming your talking about flex hose? because where the stock plastic silencer thing is it bends around something (sorry its dark out side).

scott

·
THE ONE THE ONLY
141 Posts
yeah it's the flex hose but replace the bottom(below the Mass Air) with a peice of pipe thats 3 inch in diameter you could just use PVC from the plumbing but i wouldn't i've find a peice of metal pipe or hell even go to an exhaust place and ask for a peice of 3 inch exhaust(remember you said go cheap so i'm thinking of the cheapest way to do it and make it work) lol besides it dosen't matter what it looks like as long as it works!!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ObeKinkyOne said:
yeah it's the flex hose but replace the bottom(below the Mass Air) with a peice of pipe thats 3 inch in diameter you could just use PVC from the plumbing but i wouldn't i've find a peice of metal pipe or hell even go to an exhaust place and ask for a peice of 3 inch exhaust(remember you said go cheap so i'm thinking of the cheapest way to do it and make it work) lol besides it dosen't matter what it looks like as long as it works!!!!

i went up to the local auto zone and they only have straight pieces of 3" exaust tubing, and its wayy to short. is there any way to bend it without kinking the exaust tubing? b/c the way my truck is i need to have like a 45* bend.

scott

·
THE ONE THE ONLY
141 Posts
i would take it to an exhaust place to and have um bend it if you take your truck and pop the hood he can see how long you need it and how much of a bend on it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts