S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! I'm the latest FNG here! A little about me and my ride. I've got a 97 std cab that's now a convertible. I used Street Beat's convertible kit. I've got 2" bell tech spindles and 1 loop cut off the factory springs in the front, and 3" blocks out back. Currently I am running 17x9 chrome 80 spoke luxors and have a butt-load of other stuff done to my ride. Next on the list for me is a possible motor swap, or completely rebuilding my anemic 2.2. I haven't really decided, I change my mind every day. With a turbo kit on the horizon from sporttruck specialties, the 2.2 looks promising. I have done alot of work with nitrous, in fact, I've sprayed just about everything that I've owned! When I'm not workin' or cruizin', I drag race motorcycles. So any questions about drag racing, nitrous use, or cutting the freakin' roof off of your truck will be right upmy alley! I look forward to chatting with everybody soon!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would love to post pics, but there are 2 problems....1 I don't have a scanner, and 2 even if I did, I don't think I would be able to figure out how to use it!*L* I'm a big computer dummy! Would it be possible to e-mail you guys some pics? I have some film developed onto a cd, if you give me e-mail addys I can figure it out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention...I'm on vacation in Florida right now, so I won't be sending anything for about 2 weeks! My head is sunburned after only 2 days with the top off down here! It was 73 degrees today and beautiful!

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
o yeah if you cant read it
<==== that says pewter likes guys cause he likes care-bears, and he likes changin peoples images to carebears

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the warm welcome, guys! I e-mailed a buddy in MD, and he sent me 3 pics that he had on his digital camera. I'm gonna try to get 'em posted, if I can't figure it out, I'll send 'em to DIGBMX4130 to post them!

·
Aviation Ordnanceman
201 Posts
Wha?!?!??

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SPOKES!!!!!!

Actually not that bad. Looks good. At least the wheels arent 13" sticking out about 10" with 185/55-13's

·
Aviation Ordnanceman
201 Posts
Seriously.. Does the roof leak, creak, or anything that it didnt do before the top was chopped. I have seriously contemplated a Targa top or 'vert. Did they do any reinforcemant to teh body itself to keep it from flexing around.

Oh.. is that a hard top or soft top.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
couldn't pass'em up for $500 w/ brand new tires! Boyds timeless 2's going on in a month or two--18x8. Ordinarily, I wouldn't shell out that much cash for just wheels, but at this years NOPI show I won a free set of Yokohamas-any size I want. I let My buddy use the certificate to put 18's on his 2001 Audi A4, so he'll spring for the tires when I get the rims.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the top doesn't leak any more than any convertible does-one spot right at the top front of the window. It's a hard top, fiberglass, came with the kit. It makes funny noises sometimes, and the wind noise is increased alot. Alot of the gripes I have when the top is on are due to the quality of the kit. The latches absolutely SUCK! I'm putting on some generic latches that I ordered from JC Whitney when I get home from FLA, should allieviate the shakes and creaks I'm getting now because it will create a better seal and give the top the xtra "grip" that it needs. All Quirks aside, any *****ing I do goes away the second the top comes off--its SOOOOO F'N COOL!!! No frame reinforcement needed, I've got no twisting or bending going on. As for a targa-- DON'T DO IT! A buddy did a Mazda last summer, and the replacement top didn't fit after he cut the center of the roof out. the top of the windsheild and the top of the rear window sagged towards each other, creating about 1" less space than the origional roof took up. He had to shave the new targa top to fit and it just wasn't the same.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts