S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I noticed a surging/sputtering while in motion, mostly it occurs at anything above 2500 rpms, although it seems worse in 1st gear at anything above 1500 rpms. I really do not know what to look at first, I am guessing it could be any number of things, ie. clogged egr, bad injector, bad gas, etc. I do not think the egr is clogged because I do have the restrictor and I haven't noticed anything like this since this morning, last night I drove it for 1.5 hours and it ran perfectly with no hesitation whatsoever. Also, I don't think it is bad gas because I filled the tank last night before I drove it for a while, I would think I would have noticed it then and not this morning but who knows. It almost sounds like it is not getting enough fuel, it really just does not want to accelerate smoothly in 1st gear at all and then it gets a little better as I shift into 2nd and 3rd, but it is still detectable. Anyone have a similar problem like this? If so, what was the cause and what was the fix?

Mike.

·
Got Fuel Rails?
4,539 Posts
I had the same symptoms a few months ago. For me the problem turned out to be the #1 spark plug wire fallling off. Just check them, mine looked to be on there. I hope it is something this simple, good luck.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rat said:
I had the same symptoms a few months ago. For me the problem turned out to be the #1 spark plug wire fallling off. Just check them, mine looked to be on there. I hope it is something this simple, good luck.
Thanks for the feedback, when I started my truck after work last night it ran perfectly again and no sign of the symptoms from that afternoon, running great today as well. My guess is maybe there was some traces of water in the fuel lines somewhere causing it to sputter, either that or the really frigid temperatures! I will be sure to check the plug wires if it happens again though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts