S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
SFBD 4 door
7,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok first i looked found nothing with what i did...

ive changed the dis cap, rotor button, plugs, put 8.8mm wires, coil and ignition module all of which are accel. and today i changed the fuel filter. but i still have hesitation real bad. what else can i do to get it right. oh and i had the timing set. only thing left is the egr which i plugged off to see if it might be that and nope it wasnt that. i have a small leak where the intake meets the block right in front above the water pump but that shouldnt cause this kind of hestitation. oh and i smell fuel all the time when this happens or when i try to start my truck it doesnt start right it takes a minute. but once it starts i smell fuel???? any help. ive added sea foam to the crank case and the fuel so what else can a man do??????? :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Check the breather tube from the air filter box to the valve cover. I was having the exact same symptoms and found mine unhooked (knocked it off when I was doing some other work apparently). Hooked it back up and the truck has been running great since. Might also check the PCV valve.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts