S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Still plays with sparks
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next spring I plan On droping my Wanna be Xtreme at most 3" in front and 4" in back, I'll be using coils, leafs, shocks and possably spindles and blocks. With this drop I want to fit 17x8.5 in front and 18x9.5 out back the fronts will have about 6.4" backspacing and the rear, about 7.25" of backspacing. The stock tires, meant to go on this rim are, 245/45/17 and 275/40/18. ******what size spacers will I need and will those tires fit w/o rubbing?****** I was thinking 2" spacers :confused:

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
dude you are way off

18x8 in front with 4.5 inch bs 245 40 18
thats fine with a 4 inch drop

rear 18x9.5 with a 5.5 inch bs 285 40 18
thats fine with any drop in rear

get back to me ill try to help you out

tont

·
Still plays with sparks
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I know I am way off, but I got my heart set on these rims, they are stock off of another car and I really wanna make em fit
I know I can make the backs fit w/ spacers but I dunno about the fronts, I dont wanna give any one else ideas, but you can figure out what kind of car they are coming off if you think about it. Would 2" Spacers up front do the trick?

·
Registered
908 Posts
you dont want to give anyone else any ideas? wtf? how many people on this forum have you seen in person anyways or ever will see? **** you're really trying to be unique aren't you. spacers are a nono - so ive heard.

·
Still plays with sparks
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll post pics when Im done. It wont be till next year though. hehe. I have to keep some stuff for myself. lol:bah:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sound like vette wheels to me :D

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
not really, unless you buy the cheap ones and go auto Xing
some compaines also sell good billet spacers which you should have no problem with

·
Still plays with sparks
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didnt intend on gettin cheap ones, glad to hear it about those billet ones tho! Im gunna be spendin like $1400 on rims w/o rubber, so I dont want um comin off cuz of a stupid adapter! Thanks!

·
proud stepsider
519 Posts
whats the difference between an adaptor and a spacer? I was told I need spacers to make 98 Camaro rims work, is that true?

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
adapters are bascially spacers that give you the option of using a
different bolt pattern. Example S10 has 5x4 3/4 bolt pattern and a
fullsize has a 5x5 bolt patern so you would need an adapter that
uses those sizes to fit the fullsize rim on the S10.

spacers do just that space the wheel 1" , 2"from its original mouting point.(yes you probablly need them to fit your camaro rims)

go here for tons of spacers and adapters www.truckn.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts