S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i got a brand new engine from a chevy dealer last year and it came with a 3 year 50,000 mile warranty. 24K later i am leaking oil from the valve cover, timing cover, and rear main seal. am i wrong in thinking that they probably used new seals and gaskets with the new motor? i looked at my reciept and on the list is a bunch of new gaskets but they dont say what any of them are. many of them have lifetime gaurantees. im hoping this will be free since there is only 24k on the motor. what do you guys think? need input!

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Um...well if it's got a 50,000 mile warranty then it better be free. And I'm pretty sure they used new gaskets.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
They probably did use new gaskets. Just take it back and *****.

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
with the engine on sale($1900) and all the other stuff they found that needed replaced really bad and labor i had to take out $2700 from my college fund. the original owner must have beat the shiznit out of my truck for it to be completely blown at 75K

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the 2.2 was $1900 new, the only 4.3s i could find were $2000(used). they were something like $2800 new from the dealer. and then i would have to change my ignition, wiring, etc.. etc..

that and my parents wouldnt let me. they said if its coming out of the college fund then i wasnt allowed to dip way into it. im glad i got the new 2.2. all the other ones i found in the junkyards were $1500 and they didnt know the mileage on them.

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
zYgoTe said:
Maybe you shoulda rebuilt your original 2.2...
i got quoted at something like $2300 if i remember correctly for that. i decided just to spend the extra $$$ and get one with 0 miles on it and the 3 year 50k warranty.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
yah, but if you had rebuilt the original 2.2 you coulda rebuilt the **** out of it and had it done right at a custom shop/speed shop in your area and actually have spent less and gone quicker

Caleb

·
bagged after winter
2,721 Posts
hmm, i think next winter (if i have a winter driver) i am going to through a different engine in my truck, 4.3l? v8? i dunno, i'd like to keep it around 2000 grand, and get at least 10 mpg, so i can drive it in the winter.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts