S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a couple of pics I took after I added the spindles, coils, leafs, blocks, wheels, pedals, steering wheel, shiftknob, and antenna that I bought at NOPI. The driver rear still sits 1" lower than the rest of the truck, and the driver front tire rubs when taking a curve too hard. Im not really happy with the quality of the lowering components, or at least how uneven everything turned out.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess you can only post 2 pics then??

Tried to put up the other 2 or 3 but it only replaced my last post with my new post. Am I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
just change what you type in. otherwise it should post.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here's the momo wheel, billet pedals and knob. If anyone is interested, I have another set of the pedals f/s. They are trenz billet pedals, set of 4 for any truck, $60 plus shipping.

Attachments

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
interior looks good man...i have ideas for my newfound 1st gen jimmy, but i don't think i'm gonna put much, if any money into mods for that, well, besides a killer stereo...hehehehe..:D:D:D

·
ESSTEN Concepts Founder
465 Posts
hey,
Looking tight bro! I can see how the tires are rubbing up front. I'm glad that I got some 7in. wide rims for the front on mine so I don't have to worry about it. The only problem I've seen with mine so far is with extreme turning, they'll rub. Do you go to Johnson City much? If you do, be sure to stop one of our members up there and say whats up..The pics of their rides are up on our website for Ch.2.. www.esstenconcepts.com

cya
Mike
EC Founder

·
Registered
11 Posts
looking good!

Ive got a very similar truck.
You might want to check your coils in the front pockets. They are probably not seated correctly and the driver side is in the drain hole. I had to shave some of the block on my driver side. That helped even everything out. Now mine is even front to back.
Lookin good though!

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
very nice trucks guys!

and rotary where did u get that cap from i like it!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A guy local(80 miles) had it advertised in a classifieds paper. I got it for $350 painted and ready. I normally cna get them for $150-250 but I paid the extra because it was already black.

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
cool! wish i could find deals like that round here

·
Hardcore 1st Gen'r
2,869 Posts
i had the same problem with my 4/5 drop. how low is yours and what didi you use. i used belltech and mine was like that. i reseated the spring in the front and it helped but it is still a little higher.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got my ride and height stable...

Here's what I had to do. Im not happy about how i accomplished it but Im happy with the end result. Im also even less happy about the fact that I have $400+ in the suspension and ended up hacking it anyway. For those of you yet to lower your truck, just get spindles and blocks and use your stock springs. It'll save your time and money.

The front sat way too high with the 3" coils and 2" spindles. I then cut 1 coil off each front spring, then it sat too low for my 17s, and they rubbed badly, undriveable. I wound up using my stock springs and cutting 1 coil each off of them, the front is now perfect. IT rides like stock.

The back sat about right, but the was rough because it rested on the bumpstops(I used 3" blocks with 3" leafs). I removed the bumpstops then it banged off the frame mount for the bumpstop. Then I cut the mounts off the frame. This is a killer mod, and a must for a lowered truck. So all was well for a couple of days. The back sat almost 1/2" lower than the front though, after I hauled aload of rocks in the truck, it lowered it too far when it settled in. I also had a bad vibration at about 65-75mph from the driveshaft being out of angle to the rearend.

So yesterday I took out my blocks and cut 1/2" of angle into them. I measured up one side 1/2" and drew a line to the other bottom edge and cut along the line. I put my stock helper spring back in as well. This fixed my driveline vibration and clicking. IT also raised the rear up 1" or so, and it sits just a bit higher than the front now, but maybe after i haul something heavy it will settle in level. Im happy with it now.

·
Hardcore 1st Gen'r
2,869 Posts
i thought you truck was a little lower than mine. hey it sounds like you fixed it. the bumpstop bracket removal makes a big difference. i used the shims on mine but don't know how necessary they were with a five inch drop. i'm thinking of going down another inch. do you have pretty good clearance in the back now. here's a pic of the back of mine right now although there is a little bigger gap because it's on uneven ground. still need to come down more though. how are your headlights with brightness? i'm interested in a set like that.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
IF you go any farther than what you are, you have th possibility of hitting the frame with the axle if you hit a big dip in the road. At least I did, until I raised it back up an inch or so. My truck looks a bit lower than yours because i have 17s with 225-45s. Measured at the center of the wheel, on level ground from ground to fender well lip, I am 25" in the front and 26" in the back. I am about 1.5-2" between the axle and frame in the back.

The headlights are killer bright. For brightness and clarity, get yellow/white bulbs, not the blue like I have. During the day, with my blue bulbs, the headlights look like eyes because they are reflected blue. Definitely worth the $65 I paid for the conversion though, including blue bulbs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts