62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
a nice burnout by ME!!!!! at our meet this weekend

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump....someone must appreciate this pic.....

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
just think...It would have been alot better if the brake lights weren't on!:bash: :evilg: :uhoh:

j/k by the way.... I like it! more people should post pics like this.

·
Registered
77 Posts
OK, I have to ask, how the **** do you do a burnout like that? I have a 5 speed and I haven't even come close to making that much smoke! Everytime I try my locking diff kicks in and I get a little puff of smoke and then it hooks up. That's with me revving up to like 4k and dropping the clutch. I want to make smoke too, help me!

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
you have to use your right foot to work the brake and gas at the same time....while using your left foot to work the clutch...it will do it....if you really wanna impress your friends...in large lot...
turn the front wheels all the way left be completely stopped and have the truck in 2nd gear....rev it up to 2.5K and dump the clutch...it'll do one hell of a donut(s)....:thumbup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well it would be hard for me not to use my brake considering i have an auto. and if you want to see more smoke then that go to the post that says boston area pics in the club house. it has another one from that burnout... and lots more from our meet this past weekend...also some cool pics that can be used as wallpaper for your desktop..thanks for the compliments...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think we should turn this thread into a place where xtreme and zq8 owners can post there sweet burnout pics.... rawredx sweet burnout by the way......:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Wir sind allein
72 Posts
LowandBlazed said:
OK, I have to ask, how the **** do you do a burnout like that? I have a 5 speed and I haven't even come close to making that much smoke! Everytime I try my locking diff kicks in and I get a little puff of smoke and then it hooks up. That's with me revving up to like 4k and dropping the clutch. I want to make smoke too, help me!
Do you know how to heel-toe shift? This comes in handy when doing smoke show, high performance driving, and taking a lot of stress off your tranny

·
Registered
893 Posts
ive done the heel toe thing before, once. That was before i did all my mods. I stalled:mad: after a lil bit anyway. In this pic, after my mods and a quiet day at the show, I simply dropped the clutch and got on the brake quickly. I held tyhe brake just enough to keep me from moving and not hard enough to wear em out in the back. Course thats a one-legger, we'll see how that goes with posi.

The begining of the show:

·
Registered
77 Posts
I can't say that I'm familar with heal-toe shifting. Any pointers? I want to wear out my tires by spring so I have mroe incentive to buy rims ;)

·
Registered
893 Posts
you basically place your foot sideways on the pedals so you can use your heel for one pedal on ur toes for the other. Allows you to apply pressure to any of the pedals like you had three feet.

I havent mastered the skill yet so.....but essentially its holdin down the brake and releasing the clutch with the same foot using this method.

·
Registered
893 Posts
xstripes--Youre sig says "shaved emblems" but in the pic you have the "ls" emblems. Whats the deal? did you just wanna keep those? just curious.

·
Registered
893 Posts
would you consider this whoring??? oh well heres another pic:

Almost had it, damn this one-leggin ****!

·
Wir sind allein
72 Posts
LowandBlazed said:
I can't say that I'm familar with heal-toe shifting. Any pointers? I want to wear out my tires by spring so I have mroe incentive to buy rims ;)
Heel Toe is a form of braking and down shifting at the same time while rev matching. Its a little hard to master. Even harder in the trucks cause of distances of the pedals. You use your right foot to brake and to rev match (blip) the throttle while the left is clutching.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts