S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1762 Posts

·
Cornerin Demon
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
if anyof you remember i once was going to rebuild a 4.3 and turbo it... well i miss my old 302 SBC and now...

plans are for a 500hp 350cu SBC

with a 350 crank from Eagle,

Mahnley H-beam rods,

8:3 compression forged dished Sil-vo-lite pistons,

Dart Eagle Iron Platinum Heads 72cc, 2.02 / 1.675 (yet to be purchased)

comp cams Magnum Roller rockers

an Edelbrock Victor JR. high rise intake,

and Edelbrocks latest 1000cfm quad throttle body and

computer controlled EFI, and...

a Garret T4 hybrid turbo... now pics...

the new throttle body on backorder

the steering mods are everything...
beltech 2" lowering spindles,
735 lb/inch coil springs Moog 5664 from a Monte Carlo SS for the front...
new Moog idler arm,
Moog pitman arm,
Moog tie-rod and tie-rod ends,
Moog ball joints,
a Beltech HD 1 and 1/8th swaybar,
AGR variable gearbox: 12:1 up to 1800 rpm and above that changes to 16:1 ratio,
new steering linkage from borgson with vibration reducer and all parts polished 4430 Stainless steel.

·
got me some 20s
4,020 Posts
man i was wondering where u went..my friend wesley said he knew you so i was tryin to get him to check and see where u were lol

·
Cornerin Demon
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
man i was wondering where u went..my friend wesley said he knew you so i was tryin to get him to check and see where u were lol

drives the ricer and lives in LR? if thats the one i'm thinking of yup i know him :)

i've moved back from conway due to my brother being an ass... only one more payment on the aprtment and i can put all my checks behind this project finally :D

·
Cornerin Demon
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

·
got me some 20s
4,020 Posts
drives the ricer and lives in LR? if thats the one i'm thinking of yup i know him :)

i've moved back from conway due to my brother being an ass... only one more payment on the aprtment and i can put all my checks behind this project finally :D

yup the prelude lol

·
Cornerin Demon
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
alright... update... finished with a church PA system setting it up and tweaking the EQ's... paid 400.00 cash so i'm going to deposit that and get my pistons ordered this week =D

fyi: those are just 9.5 / 1 non-forged pistons in the pics i had lying around just as filler... new ones are forged

·
import killer
2,470 Posts
wtf. i called borgeson for a shaft for my truck. they said they dont make one.
there only 30 minutes from me.

·
Cornerin Demon
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
wtf. i called borgeson for a shaft for my truck. they said they dont make one.
there only 30 minutes from me.

they don't... but they custom fit mine with a double D shaft, a needle u joint with 30 spline end to double D vibration reducer (goes from shaft to gearbox) and a double D shaft to steering column attachment.

now i recomend getting a collapsable double D shaft and you won't have the problems i have with the solid stainless, but i wanted pretty lol... the solid shaft doesn't allow for chassi movement and tends to pull in and out of the steering linkage if your not carefull how you mount it:eek: the collapsable shaft lets the shaft flex in and out with the chassi and frame like how the OEM does... probably i'll be getting one of those also and keep the stainless one for shows.

·
Cornerin Demon
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
well another update WOOT, work finished out the fiscal year last week and accounting (since the hospital is a non-profit organization) started cranking out the bonus checks to the tune of $392.83.

Another 400 for the truck fund, and get paid fri so thats another 200-300 into the truck fund... normally i'll put 500-700 into the fund but all my bills rolled in at this time so i don't have as much to put in it this time...

So about 1000 this pay period for the engine... this will purchase the pistons, flexplate, damper and the bearings for the block... or, a set of heads... not sure which to get... prolly get the lower assembly done first

it seems to take so long buying these *small* parts even though i know all this stuff has to be bought, it's not as fun as buying the heads and having something big to look at then all this small stuff :D

once all that gets here than what is left is rings for the pistons, ARP studs for the mains and thats it... then save up and take all this stuff down to a machine shop and find out how much they are gona rape me for...

i have to go check the block and take pics for you all but i can't do that atm cuz it's raining... but i can't remmember if the block has .022 or .032 wear on the walls... and i'd be freeking screwed if i ordered the wrong sizes... devil is in the details i guess... and i have to call Comp Cams and sit down with them and get the specs for this custom grind on the cam and what heads and all i need

1 - 20 of 1762 Posts