S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
UAH By-product
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.... I know this is a little off topic but I get my quickest/most helpful replies from this thread.

I have the most obnoxious freakin rattle in my door. I thought it was the wires/relay that run down to the speaker. When I installed my kicker, I taped them down with some industrial electrical tape. The rattle stopped. It has recently started to come back, so unwillingly, I took off my door panel again a while ago. I took off the tape, put some sealer type stuff under it (no way in hell the relay is rattling). We pecked around on that door for 45 minutes and can't find anything. It's almost like a knock. Sometimes you don't even hit a bump and you hear it. ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY!

It sounds like its coming from the front of the door, down lower. I've been looking for at least an hour now and can't find ANYTHING. Right now I have the dash torn out trying to see if there could possibly be anything else down in that direction. If this seems familiar to anyone, hell please let me know. Most....annoying..... knocking sound....

ever......

Brad

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
my speaker did this to me on my old truck......the speaker was loose

Caleb

·
UAH By-product
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I just put in new kickers when I taped the relays and wires down the first time. It was doing the same rattle/knock before as it is doing now. Any other ideas?

It sounds like a screw or something sitting down in there and whenever it gets ready it flies head first into the side of something else. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Brad

·
More Cowbell
3,186 Posts
u sure its not the third door rattling if u have one????

·
UAH By-product
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah I have a regular cab. Found out what it was. As stupid as this sounds, it was the little button that gets mashed in when the door is closed (to turn the light on etc.). We noticed it cus the rattling stopped when we opened the door easing along the road. Easiest fix ever. Simply armorall'd it and the button on the door that it goes up against. No sound at all. *shrug* I also ground down my speaker grilles more while i was in the mix. They sit flush now and aren't bent from pressure of the screws. Whewt!

Brad

·
UAH By-product
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BS strikes again. Today on the way to work the knock is right back like it was. I dont know why it stopped yesterday, because I can reach through the gap and hold that little knob and its not moving. Knocking still happens. So I'm back to square 1. Most annoying thing I've ever heard.

Brad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts