S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone just thought I would let you guyz now about this tape we started using at our firehouse. I thought it would be pretty cheap insurance for anyone that has bags and might get a leak in their line. Its called rescue tape and the website is www.rescuetape.com you can use this stuff on anything its awesome and it holds up to 700psi you can even use it for radatior hoses etc. all you do is cut to length strech it to activate it and then wrap it around so it wraps around its self and it seals strong so be careful cause to only way to get this stuff of is to cut it and it doesn't leave any adhesive behind, so for a couple of bucks it might be worth it to get some and throw in your golve box just to be safe. Here is some of the tech info on it

Operating temperature range -85° F to 500° F / -65° C to 260C
Continuous temperature range -76°F to 392° F / -60° C to 200° C.
Cold Brittle Point -85°F / -65° C.
Hardness Shore A 50,
Tensile Strength, Min. 700 psi
Elongation, Min. 300%
Tear Strength, Min. 85 ppi
Bond Strength, Min. 2 lbs
Water Absorption, Max. 3% By Weight
Dielectric Strength, Min. 400 v/mil (8,000 Volts/20mil)

Just thought it might help.

·
AcrophobiA
8,481 Posts
awesome...i personally have never heard of it....i'm sure if its good enough for the fire dept...it should be good enough for us

i bet if Doug hasn't already done some sort of testing on it...he'll want too

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitly great stuff I think I read some where on the website that the military has used it for a long time too.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
just looked at their website. if its as good as it sounds it will be the new "seafoam" to s10forum.:haha: it will be talked about like it is the "all in one miracle roll":rotf:
all kidding aside, this stuff must be good. it says you can use it as a fan belt:eek:

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
you can use duct tape as a fan belt. that part isnt too impressive
damn, where have i been at. never heard of duct tape being that strong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts