S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was doing an intake manifold gasket change and when I was putting the fuel lines back on one of the aluminum 8mm nuts popped off and I didn't see where it went, i had the throttle body off and nothing covering the hole. i was sure the nut went off to the side so i got a new nut and put everything back together and cranked it everything was fine until the car randomly stalled and i turned it on again and heard a horrible clicking sound (the one in this video) and after a little while the car would stall and turn off im wondering if this is the sound of the damage from the nut in the cylinder or if its a gasket leak of some sort? any help is appreciated this truck is my pride and joy right now gonna suck if i have to rebuild the engine, lesson learned i guess... :'(

(oh and i took everything off down to the lower intake manifold and didnt see the nut anywhere inside)

ITS A 1998 4.3L vortec v6

video-

(EDIT: there's a chance i didn't drop the bolt into the manifold so if anyone has ideas on what else it would be it would help a lot, im going to rent a boroscope to check pistons)
(first time posting here fyi lol)

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,359 Posts
Year...engine?

·
Registered
526 Posts
When I let a nut and washer drop down the intake into a new L31 stroker, my signal that I'd screwed up came when I had antifreeze dripping out of one header.
Get a borescope camera and take a look inside of each cylinder, paying particular attention to the head and piston.
Good luck, I hope it's all clean!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts