S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no idea where to start... when i stomp on this truck it might run about high 13's... It does not light up the tires as i would expect it should. (without using the nitrious) It sounds like its breaking up but i've cheched the entire ignition system. I have replaced the plugs, plug wires, rotor, and cap. I checked the timing last night - its good. the carborator has 65 jets in it which seem somewhat small to me but it doens't act like its starving for fuel. It anthing its already running rich as it should be for the NOS. when you step on the gas it falls flat on its face until around 3000 rpm... anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry i guess this should be under the troubleshooting section

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey Pillage I'll try to help ya if i can.Ok I see you have a Holley 670 on the truck,i also seee its a vacuum secondary carb.I think you may be runningh outta fuel in the primary side,then at about 3000 the secondary finaly opens up and you get enough fuel for it to clear up.I ran a 355 with a 650 double pump holley and ran 72 jets primary and 77 secondary with a small 268 cam and flattops. Try to fatten it up,make a big jump like to a 70 jet and see what happens.When you do this try to get a buddy to watch the exhaust on the truck to see if its blowing black smoke,a sure sign its to rich.If you need anything just email me

1 - 3 of 3 Posts